diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12k off grid with 3 signature solar 48V/100AH EG4-LL 5.12KWH Tesla charging

Sorry I was responding to @dobsonimages.
What brand, Wattage and Specifications panels do you have in mind?
Btw Sol-Ark is a no go. They are a premium for BS, Their product is just as Chinese Made as the Growatts and MPPs, all they do is modify it and charge of premium that in my opinion is not worth it.

Edit: I just realized you mentioned something about a Tesla, which I've never owned. You might be responding to someone else's post.
I have two “bs Sol-Ark 12k’s“ going in now, Honeywell 9kw (Generac) LP generator w/Auto Start, 20.6 kw array, 120 kWh battery. I would have needed 4 LV6548’s or 4 Magnum 4448PAE with 4 SCC’s. I’ll let everyone know if it was worth the premium I paid. I did without the $83K 4x4 work truck and settled for a $33K work van. That left $50K for my higher priority.

I am buying a Tesla for safety issues , when my two 14 year old children start driving I want them in something safe , the rural roads they will be driving are dangerous and I want to keep track of their driving habits.
Having been a 14 year old as one time, I would have LOVED to have a car with a ~5 second 0-60, and a 140mph top speed.

Luckily I had a Corolla, that was too slow to get out of its own way.

Fortunately the Tesla has a solution. There are is a chill mode and a valet mode that reduce the performance without compromising any of the safety features.
That's genius, because there's no freaking way I would let my 14-year-old behind the wheel of a Tesla without some sort of governor.

LOL Guys I think this thread gets the 2022 Award for the most confusing thread. If you read it from the beginning you can see we all started to respond to the wrong people.
I agree. I just shows you how things can go off the rails when someone jumps into the middle of the thread with a totally different issue. Then a numbskull like me responds to that poster but about issues in the title of the thread.

Last edited:
I agree. I just shows you how things can go off the rails when someone jumps into the middle of the thread with a totally different issue. Then a numbskull like me responds to the title of the thread but to the wrong poster.
Yep I am another numbskull who did the same thing.

I'm a new member just seeing this thread. I'm curious about how well the Sol-Ark 12K functions with the EG4 batteries and what settings you ended up using. I've been using EG4 batteries with 2 EG4 6500EX inverters with good results but the inverters are too noisy for my interior utility room. I've heard that the transformerless Sol-Ark is quiet enough to use inside. I'd appreciate any insights.

The Sol Ark 12k is perfect for my needs you contact Sol Ark or Signature Solar for the inverter settings for the batteries.
As far as the fan on the 12K they are loud .
The new Sol Ark 15K is a better inverter and can handle more panels as well. Cost a couple of grand more than the 12K.
Weighs 130 pounds and idles at 100 watts.

...but the inverters are too noisy for my interior utility room. I've heard that the transformerless Sol-Ark is quiet enough to use inside. I'd appreciate any insights.

Also consider building a 'hush box' around your loud inverters... Hush boxes are popular in the home theater / video projector realm. It's like a muffler with your loud gear inside it, able to flow cool air through it, but keep the noise inside it. Just another angle of approaching the problem is all...

Ref:

Back