diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12k on a concrete wall?

What I have seen done is you get a 3/4" thick plywood, half sheet, or whole sheet, then use a hammer that shoots 22 caliber load to drive a nail through the plywood and into the concrete. HomeDepot sells a Ramset brand hammer. You would shoot a nail into each corner of the plywood, maybe some along top and bottom edge, enough to hold it. Then you can use screws to mount the inverter bracket to the plywood. Remember to use safety googles.
You really should avoid combustibles like plywood, great for telco, basic stuff, but the inverter puts out heat and besides that if something shorts out and catches fire you don’t want the wood nearby. If on a wood surface instead of concrete you might want to use a metal thick backplate to cover the plywood or other surface and distribute any heat over a wider area having the effect of a heat sink.

My inverter weighs nearly a 175lbs it not going to screw into plywood. It requires a more extensive bolt arrangement. Even with a smaller cheaper one I would want to distribute any heat generated to avoid a fire hazard. Why would you not direct mount to a concrete wall?

Mounted on unistrut. Mounted the trough on unistrut vertically, this allowed me to slide the trough down to install the conduit, then raise it back up. When I mounted this, it was raining and cold that day and there was some sweating on the wall. Only thing I might do different is to have the unistrut run outside the inverter for the lower unistrut to make mounting easier. I had to shift inverters towards the middle to install the outside wedge anchor on the lower unistrut. Used 3/8" wedge anchors on the inverters and 1/4" wedge anchors on the trough. EG4 mounting.jpg

Back