diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12k setup & system expansion. The adventure and learning continues.

So more poo-flinging and personal artacks?

Does or does not SolArk hold a patent for the design of their inverters that makes those inverters the sole intellectual property of SolArk?

It's a very clear simple question. Prove your answer; otherwise, you can go do something with yourself.
Can you Provide Deyes Patent Info? You are insistent that they invented the Sol-Ark.
As you and many others have found out, it is not easy to Navigate the Patent office unless you know the Patents number or exactly who's name or what the company name holds them and it's typically not under the companies trading name. None of these companies hold the patent for the design and construction of a Hybrid Inverter, I am sure who ever owned that it expired on them a few decades ago. Sol-Ark would hold Patents in the way their software operates, most likely things like TOU are patented, the way it handles power is also another thing unique to Sol-Ark.

You can't find Deye or Sol-Ark Patents but it is clear who is in control and who owns the IP
It's the one who gives the orders that are followed. It's the one who has the source code and can keep modifying it.
The other has to obey the orders and they cannot update their firmware.

... but it is clear who is in control and who owns the IP
No it is not clear.

It's the one who gives the orders that are followed. It's the one who has the source code and can keep modifying it.
What orders have been given and who is following them? Surely if you proclaim this you have clear documented evidence of it.

The other has to obey the orders and they cannot update their firmware.
There could be any number of reasons. Not just some made-up orders you proclaim exist.

Furthermore, let me get this straight.

Are you acquiescing that solark does not own the inverter design but now stipulating they originally created and wholly own the firmware that is on these inverters? And that DEYE can only use SolArk's original firmware?

OR

SolArk allows DEYE to use SolArk's firmware everywhere but America, and that is why DEYE doesn't sell its inverter in the states? And also that DEYE is not allowed to ever update the firmware on its inverters?

Well, that would be very kind of SolArk. :/

Sir, your argument is asinine. Those logistics simply don't add up. You should have thought your argument through rather than "fanboying" for your dear solark. But yes, I'm sure you've cleared this all up and explained it all in other threads.

Last edited:
No it is not clear.

What orders have been given and who is following them? Surely if you proclaim this you have clear documented evidence of it.
You need to keep up. It's obvious you missed a few threads.
Sol-Ark told DEYE to cease making Grey Market Hybrid Split Phase Inverters and Deye stopped making them almost instantly.

Sol-Ark said they are no longer sharing Firmware with Deye and so based on Deyes lack of updates I imagine Deye is stuck with the source code from the last Version Sol-Ark shared with them. They obviously have no clue how to navigate the code or are just not interested in spending the time. I could say that they don't even have the old source code and are stuck with the older compiled firmware but that is not the typical Chinese style of contract on collaborative projects. It is still a possibility given the fact that they have done nothing since Sol-Ark stopped sharing updates with them.

There could be any number of reasons. Not just some made-up orders you proclaim exist.
Like What? Just can't bother! I worked with these same kinds of Chinese manufacturing companies for years.
They don't do anything that cuts into their profit line unless they have no other choice.

Furthermore, let me get this straight.

Are you acquiescing that solark does not own the inverter design but now stipulating they originally created and wholly own the firmware that is on these inverters? And that DEYE can only use SolArk's original firmware?
Sol-Ark Designed the Hardware, so they own the design. They also created the Firmware.
Sir, your argument is asinine. Those logistics simply don't add up. You should have thought your argument through rather than "fanboying" for your dear solark. But yes, I'm sure you've cleared this all up and explained it all in other threads.
Fanboy LOL you sound like my Youngest Son when he use to argue with his friends.

You need to keep up. It's obvious you missed a few threads.
Sol-Ark told DEYE to cease making Grey Market Hybrid Split Phase Inverters and Deye stopped making them almost instantly.
Well golly gee. That's some good documented evidence. Clears that whole debacle right up.

Some guy in a forum claims company A ordered Company B to do something and they complied. And this guy's source is "Company A said so."

Gosh, it must he true. Just like everything found on the internet.

As far as I know, DEYE still sells their inverters, just not in the US market. Can't imagine why that might be....hmmmm

As far as I know, DEYE still sells their inverters, just not in the US market. Can't imagine why that might be....hmmmm
Are you having problems comprehending what I am writing? I said Sol-Ark told them to stop making Hybrid Split Phase Inverters. Sol-Ark has kept the original deal for them to make Single Phase 220V and Three Phase units.

As for the information about Sol-Arks demanding them to stop making Split Phase units, it was not me who first reported it. It was posted on here by a Deye Dealer and he was letting forum members know that he still had a few units in stock.
I did get the information confirmed by the head of CSR at Sol-Ark as being true and it also fits in line with the open letter that the CEO of Sol-Ark made on this forum.

Last edited:
Are you having problems comprehending what I am writing? I said Sol-Ark told them to stop making Hybrid Split Phase Inverters. Sol-Ark has kept the original deal for them to make Single Phase 220V and Three Phase units.

As for the information about Sol-Arks demanding them to stop making Split Phase units, it was not me who first reported it. It was posted on here by a Deye Dealer and he was letting forum members know that he still had a few units in stock.
I did get the information confirmed by the head of CSR at Sol-Ark as being trues and it also fits in line with the open letter that the CEO of Sol-Ark made on this forum.
That makes your story sound a little more credible. It's still not concrete evidence.

Why wait till now to disclose this? Where's the link for this open letter and when was it written? How can we be sure it is credible?

Will Prowse doesn't seem to be aware of this. I've been in contact with him about this discussion.

You wouldn't be arguing from a disingenuous standpoint would you be?

There is a term for that type of person. I will refrain from using it for now.

I wonder if I catch you in a lie, if Will would ban you from the forum.

You've made assertions and claim to have credible evidence. Where are the supporting links/posts you claim exist.

I would like to verify it is actually as you say, and not you twisting things to support your opinion.

I am pretty much done arguing with you because your most likely a little kid and not worth my time. You got me man Whooo I am so frightened, your going to get me banned for lying :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am reporting you to Will for telling a lie, really! How old are you?
It is obvious that you have zero knowledge and are just spouting off crap.

All of the people who have been following this Sol-Ark/Deye argument for the last Year+ know about Toms letter.

Just in case someone new actually believes the non sense that you are once again are Spewing I am going to post a copy of the Post/letter.

Let me clear up a few misconceptions. Sol-Ark is owned by US Veterans, not Deye. The engineers at Sol-Ark designed the Hybrid-Inverters and Deye is a manufacturer of our innovations. We worked with them for 7 years and gave them much of the IP to assist in the development of their grid-tied and microinverter options. 99% of the features, software methods, GUI, and hardware was done by us in the US.

So why would we give away IP? Our mission is affordable energy independence for family homes and businesses. We allowed Deye to sell elsewhere, in accordance to our agreement, so it could lower the costs for everyone and we pass that on.

Our Veteran owners and engineers fought around the world for the love and respect of the US people. Our focus is here now.

Why is there a higher price for Sol-Ark? #1) We paid millions in development, prototypes, debug, and cleaning up manufacturing mistakes. #2) We spent 100's of thousands in UL certificates and engineering time. #3) We warranty and repair our systems. #4) We pay a 25% tariff on these inverters. Others you mention in this blog are falsifying the country of origin to only pay 1.5%. #5) Features and functions of Sol-Ark products are significantly different for the US market and we continuously improve. #6) We designed it for ourselves and DIYers and found this requires a tremendous amount of support. Our rapidly growing engineering team is committed to their success.

Thanks for letting us know about these Stole-Arks. What good is a $30-50K ESS system that fails?

Remember our mission of affordability. We realized long ago that reducing the cost of the inverter was not the complete answer. Below are the largest expenses of an average installed (not DIY) ESS system = $45K before credits.

1. Battery = $13,000
20kWh x $650/kWh
2. Install = $10,000
10kWpv x $1/W
3. Financing = $7,000
$38K x 18%
4. Inverter = $6,000
8000W x $0.75/W
5. PV Panels = $5,000
10,000W x $0.50/W
6. Misc / BOM = $4,000

Each ESS (Batt + Inverter) = $19K. If we can use a single ESS to backup the entire home instead of 2+, that’s a massive savings. If we can make it 2-3X easier to install, we can bring down that expense. If we can make the battery last longer, that saves. We are currently engineering communications for Utilities that allows for “renting” your ESS ~60 times a year and pay you ~$1K/5KWh/year!

You will see some amazing innovations from Sol-Ark in 2021. Most of these will be Made in the USA as our new facility will be completed.

The Deye/Sunsynk Hybrid is a copy of a Sol-Ark, not the other way around.

Respectfully,
Tom Brennan
Sol-Ark CTO
Soli Deo Gloria
Tom Brennan is now the CEO of Sol-Ark.

I am pretty much done arguing with you because your most likely a little kid and not worth my time. You got me man Whooo I am so frightened, your going to get me banned for lying :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am reporting you to Will for telling a lie, really! How old are you?
It is obvious that you have zero knowledge and are just spouting off crap.

All of the people who have been following this Sol-Ark/Deye argument for the last Year+ know about Toms letter.

Just in case someone new actually believes the non sense that you are once again are Spewing I am going to post a copy of the Post/letter.

Tom Brennan is now the CEO of Sol-Ark.
Why'd you post a copy? Why not a link to the actual thread?

Again, while convincing, it falls short of actual evidence.

My Gods man how daft are you???????
Just click the up arrow next to posts user name.

My Gods man how daft are you???????
Just click the up arrow next to posts user name.

OK. Let's clear this up. Below is a link to the actual post you are referring to.

It was done by some account going by the name of "RickyBobbi". The account was created on March 1st 2021, Made 1 post, and has not been active since March 16th, 2021.

But yeah, fanboys will believe even the tiniest shred of absurd evidence if it gives them something to try and throw around.

And you call me daft...

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/deye-inverter-ul-listed-available-in-us.13942/post-221330

Mods - Can we just close this thread? Tired of the back and forth DEYE / Sol-Ark theories. They seem to popup now with any thread on either of these products (yes I have been guilty of this in the past and regret it)

OP must be sick of this crap and has gained no insightful info with the past dozen or so posts.

Tired of this.. we need to come up with something that after x times the thread is closed, etc..

@Will Prowse @upnorthandpersonal

So more poo-flinging and personal artacks?

Does or does not SolArk hold a patent for the design of their inverters that makes those inverters the sole intellectual property of SolArk?

It's a very clear simple question. Prove your answer; otherwise, you can go do something with yourself.
Mods - Can we just close this thread? Tired of the back and forth DEYE / Sol-Ark theories. They seem to popup now with any thread on either of these products (yes I have been guilty of this in the past and regret it)

OP must be sick of this crap and has gained no insightful info with the past dozen or so posts.

Tired of this.. we need to come up with something that after x times the thread is closed, etc..

@Will Prowse @upnorthandpersonal
It’s easy. If you Don’t own a Sol-Ark or have any personal experience into it you don’t comment on it.

He only comes to talk trash.

My Sol-arc is connected to web via the dongle and the updates just happen If I recall on thier own after the 1st one when you buy the inverter and get the 1st one.
I have about 16 months on mine now.
We do not update systems without permission from the owner unless under extreme circumstances.
If you would prefer you can request an update here or reach out to support@sol-ark.com.

We do not update systems without permission from the owner unless under extreme circumstances.
If you would prefer you can request an update here or reach out to support@sol-ark.com.
I did not even know that you guys have an option on the Website to get "Automatic Updates as they come out".
I would imagine this is not a very popular option as people would not know when to expect a blackout to happen or is it that you call the customers before you do the update?

I did not even know that you guys have an option on the Website to get "Automatic Updates as they come out".
I would imagine this is not a very popular option as people would not know when to expect a blackout to happen or is it that you call the customers before you do the update?
They call or send email usually and ask.

Back