diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12k setup & system expansion. The adventure and learning continues.

That's silly logic. It's not like the change log contains actual code for the firmware. This is necessary for customers to make informed decisions on whether or not to upgrade and/or at what priority.

Besides, it's not like there's a lot of patented IP that SolArk (the middle man) is really contributing here. Just sayin.
You are wrong on all counts.
Change log show what it affects and that tells engineers what components it affects.
It’s Sol-Arks firmware NOT Deye.
If it was Deye you would call them.

You are wrong on all counts.
Except I am not.
Change log show what it affects and that tells engineers what components it affects.
It’s Sol-Arks firmware NOT Deye.
As I said, a change log does not contain code.

That said, SolArk's firmware is a modification of DEYE's firmware. As far as I know it is not completely original. Unless you have proof otherwise, I will not respond to this line of convo again. Good day, sir.

Except I am not.

That said, SolArk's firmware is a modification of DEYE's firmware. As far as I know it is not completely original. Unless you have proof otherwise, I will not respond to this line of convo again. Good day, sir.
Like I said You are wrong.
It is Sol-Arks and only theirs.

We all know what you think about Sol-Ark.

You don’t own one or use them so the only input you have is to bash them in every thread that comes up.

We don’t comment on growatt threads about their Problems but you consistently come on these threads.

Sol-Ark living rent free in your head..

Like I said You are wrong.
Then prove me wrong, otherwise...
It is Sol-Arks and only theirs.

We all know what you think about Sol-Ark.
Who's "we"?
You don’t own one or use them
You're right.
so the only input you have is to bash them in every thread that comes up.
I do not bash.
We don’t comment on growatt threads about their Problems but you consistently come on these threads.

Growatt also isn't an american company proclaiming to have engineered and designed an inverter (which they didnt) that they charge a premium for.

Sol-Ark is "value"-added (I use the term loosely) resellers.

You proclaim they have intellectual property, then show me the patents. Let see what intellectual property they actually own the rights to.

Are you capable of doing that? No?

Sol-Ark living rent free in your head..
What does that even mean?

Good day sir.

Last edited:
Seems this thread is off track and is getting into personal attacks. We are all solar enthusiasts and should get along
Just saying-
It’s the some old thing. He knows nothing about them and doesn’t use them but continues to Seagull every thread with Sol-Ark in it.

We have explain to him numerous times in numerous threads how Sol-Ark came into being but he just ignores it so he can maintain some kind of “bitch”

He has no input to these threads. He just comes in here to talked crap about them.

We don’t go in his Growatt threads and crap all over them.

Sick of it.

It’s the some old thing. He knows nothing about them and doesn’t use them but continues to Seagull every thread with Sol-Ark in it.
Do not tell lies about me.
We have explain to him numerous times in numerous threads how Sol-Ark came into being but he just ignores it so he can maintain some kind of “bitch”
"We"? Again, who is "we"?
He has no input to these threads. He just comes in here to talked crap about them.

We don’t go in his Growatt threads and crap all over them.

Sick of it.
You must be confusing me with someone else. I don't own a growatt either.

Furthermore, I do not care what you are sick of. Your anger is misdirected and your knowledge of the subject matter falls far short. I am reporting your rambling rants to the mods.

May I suggest to just ignore him and continue on if that is the case.
I'm new here muself but have seen this sort of thing on other sites (I'm a moderator on a site for 25 years now so I have seen alot of sideways before) Best to just ignore some users. I'm not picking sides so this would be true for both parties
Just saying-

Do not tell lies about me.

"We"? Again, who is "we"?

You must be confusing me with someone else. I don't own a growatt either.

Furthermore, I do not care what you are sick of. Your anger is misdirected and your knowledge of the subject matter falls far short. I am reporting your rambling rants to the mods.
Keep on seagulling the Sol-Ark threads.

You’re righteous anger sure shows them.

Keep on seagulling the Sol-Ark threads.

You’re righteous anger sure shows them.
Once again, you must have me confused with someone else.

Do not make up lies about me.

I do not "seagull" solark threads. I harbor no anger about sol-ark, but I'm slowly developing an irritation for your ignorance.

I have challenged you to show me proof of the sol-ark intellectual property rights you claim exist.

You have ignored this request and instead want to try and smear me with personal attacks and false proclamations.

Also, who is "we"? I am curious to know.

My Sol-arc is connected to web via the dongle and the updates just happen If I recall on thier own after the 1st one when you buy the inverter and get the 1st one.
I have about 16 months on mine now.
No they do not update on their own. You have to email or call to request a Firmware update.
They never ever push one to you without your permission.

Except I am not.

If it's Deyes firmware why have they not been able to modify their own firmware for several months?
Sol-Ark sends out new firmware every three weeks!

If it's Deyes firmware why have they not been able to modify their own firmware for several months?
Sol-Ark sends out new firmware every three weeks!
How would I know? Maybe you should ask Deye. That question or circumstance is evidence of absolutely nothing.

So I guess this is just another area in the Deye / Sol-Ark relationship where the Tail is wagging the Dog?
It makes perfect sense :rolleyes:
He doesn’t want to know. If he did then he wouldn’t have anything to complain about.
The last long thread we had showed it all but I guess that got conveniently forgotten.

He doesn’t want to know. If he did then he wouldn’t have anything to complain about.
The last long thread we had showed it all but I guess that got conveniently forgotten.
So more poo-flinging and personal artacks?

Does or does not SolArk hold a patent for the design of their inverters that makes those inverters the sole intellectual property of SolArk?

It's a very clear simple question. Prove your answer; otherwise, you can go do something with yourself.

As a Sol Arc user I really do not care at all about the patent or the software. What I do care about is that it all works and they stand behind it and are easy to talk to for any questions. So far thats all been true.
In a DIY station this inverter has shined-easy to set up and easy to use. Takes care of itself and keeps on ticking.

Last edited:
Back