diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K, Take 240v (no neutral) as Grid Input

unseengundam

I have a off-Grid Sol-Ark 12K setup currently. Its looked up right now with Battery, PV, and Gen as backup. The PV is already maxed out at 13 kW. There is no Grid (no grid input being used).

I was thinking about using another 240V (L-N, not split phase) inverter (low cost ones) to feed the Sol-Ark 12K on the Grid side. Basically will allow to add 8 kW of PV and some more battery to charge up/power my main Sol-Ark 12K system.

Only question is will Sol-Ark 12K be able to take only 240V power without any neutral connected or will it fault? The Sol-Ark 12K seems to sensitive and faults very easily.

I certainly would not try that, it was will most likely end in tears.

I have a off-Grid Sol-Ark 12K setup currently. Its looked up right now with Battery, PV, and Gen as backup. The PV is already maxed out at 13 kW. There is no Grid (no grid input being used).

I was thinking about using another 240V (L-N, not split phase) inverter (low cost ones) to feed the Sol-Ark 12K on the Grid side. Basically will allow to add 8 kW of PV and some more battery to charge up/power my main Sol-Ark 12K system.

Only question is will Sol-Ark 12K be able to take only 240V power without any neutral connected or will it fault? The Sol-Ark 12K seems to sensitive and faults very easily.
So what issue ae you trying to solve:

1. Insufficient Inverter Capacity.

Connecting AC to the grid in will generally put an inverter into pass through mode. The only way to increase your inverter capacity would be to get inverters that are designed to run in parallel. This will allow the inverter output of both inverters to be combined together.

2. No enough charging capacity.

If it is not enough PV to keep the batteries charged, you could add more PV and another inverter (or better yet a stand alone charge controller). Signature solar has them. Then DC couple your new inverter / charger to your battery bank.

Back