diy solar

diy solar

sol-ark 12k to EG4 batteries not charging

One thing about my configuration you should know. All my loads are connected to the load breaker, not grid. I'm hoping that if you're off grid you may be connected that way too, and can just plug in my settings.

Would they go over all the settings with you? Also, I think it should power your loads directly from the pv, if you have enough.

The pic you sent, that was connected to a battery at that time, and the battery was on? And is the SolArk running fine before you connect the battery?

thank you i just tried your settings well see how it goes. I don't have a generator or anything this is completely solar only with battery backup. When i put it in no battery and PV only it will never start producing power i see the PV coming in but, the inverter won't start. Once I hook it to the batteries even though dead the batteries will shoot upto 100% then the inverter will kick on and run but, won't charge the batteries cause it sees the batteries full

thank you i just tried your settings well see how it goes. I don't have a generator or anything this is completely solar only with battery backup. When i put it in no battery and PV only it will never start producing power i see the PV coming in but, the inverter won't start. Once I hook it to the batteries even though dead the batteries will shoot upto 100% then the inverter will kick on and run but, won't charge the batteries cause it sees the batteries full
Did you change all the settings? There are many interactions, so you should make sure they are all changed. I would double check. How can you see the pv coming in if the inverter won't start?
Also, using information from the monitoring app can be very misleading, as it's only updated once every five minutes.

yea changed everything to your settings. If you have yours in no battery mode with solar only will it start producing power? If so how long does it take for it to do that?

I don't know what you mean by no battery mode. You can see the settings I used, and it was in "battery percentage" mode.

I never started it without the battery, that I remember, but I've switched the battery circuit breaker off when it was running and had solar and it worked fine. I guess I have no information on the time it took to latch on to the solar output.

I was told by Sol-ark help when I first installed it that any input - grid, solar, or battery would get the inverter running. And I know I have used only grid, and only battery to start it, I'm just not sure I've used solar.

I recommend calling Solark again.

They do not support the lifepower batteries via bms, but I do have the parameters you need to use on these batteries with your 12K. I'll send you a DM
Can SS PLEASE post publicly these settings & other support resources that SS has amassed? Many of us have Lifepower4s & Sol-Ark inverters & we need easy access to the info you only share off-line! ie: 'How to implement closed-loop BMS communications'... & now 'How to wake up drained EG4 LifePower4s'... Why can't the info be found on SS's website? I just searched high & low to find what you have & what COULD be available... if what? If we get lucky enough to each catch you online? Surely we can do better than this, right?

Can SS PLEASE post publicly these settings & other support resources that SS has amassed? Many of us have Lifepower4s & Sol-Ark inverters & we need easy access to the info you only share off-line! ie: 'How to implement closed-loop BMS communications'... & now 'How to wake up drained EG4 LifePower4s'... Why can't the info be found on SS's website? I just searched high & low to find what you have & what COULD be available... if what? If we get lucky enough to each catch you online? Surely we can do better than this, right?
We are currently working on a FAQ section for the website that will include common troubleshooting issues. These changes to the website are anticipated for the beginning of the year.

Back