diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15K All in One Inverter Released.

ecodirect.com/Sol-Ark-15K-15kW-48-Volt-Hybrid-Inverter-p/sol-ark-15k.htm

$8,250.00 Expected availability May, 2022

So I didn't have to learn all this stuff and could simply connect the unit for more power than I could use? Just kidding!
Nice find robby.

ecodirect.com/Sol-Ark-15K-15kW-48-Volt-Hybrid-Inverter-p/sol-ark-15k.htm

$8,250.00 Expected availability May, 2022

So I didn't have to learn all this stuff and could simply connect the unit for more power than I could use? Just kidding!
Nice find robby.
It's certainly not for everyone.
I really have to push it to see 8Kw being used by my system but yeah I mean it would be hard choice between the 15K and the 12K just based on the $1300 Price difference. The problem is I would never use most of it's potential power.

15K = 12kW inverting power lol
Ehhh NO! Read the Page it uses up to 17KW of PV. It delivers 15KW from Solar and 12Kw from batteries or a combined 27Kw. It can also use 19.2Kw from Micro Inverters directly coupled and with Grid Tie or Generator you can go up to 48Kw or 200Amp @ 240Vac

Ehhh NO! Read the Page it uses up to 17KW of PV. It delivers 15KW from Solar and 12Kw from batteries or a combined 27Kw. It can also use 19.2Kw from Micro Inverters directly coupled and with Grid Tie or Generator you can go up to 48Kw or 200Amp @ 240Vac

It says "Continuous AC Power from batteries: 12000W". It has a 12kW inverter. If it's night time, a rainy day, or snow-covered panels - you get 12kW out of it. That's it. It is pretty cool that it can output more with PV though.

It says "Continuous AC Power from batteries: 12000W". It has a 12kW inverter. If it's night time, a rainy day, or snow-covered panels - you get 12kW out of it. That's it.
It does 15Kw of Solar Inversion. We all knew that 12K was going to be the battery Inverter limit. Have you ever needed 12K of power at night or even in the day? You know any other Split Phase Inverter that can do what this one can do?

We all knew that 12K was going to be the battery Inverter limit.
Yes, we did. I disagree with their naming convention, that's all. Very defensive.

Have you ever needed 12K of power at night or even in the day?
Absolutely! Have you ever lived in an all-electric house?

You know any other Split Phase Inverter that can do what this one can do?
Nope. Hence why I am still looking lol.

Right, I'm done here... moving on.

Yes, we did. I disagree with their naming convention, that's all. Very defensive.
Your talking about 12K being 9K Solar and 3K battery. In this case 15K does deliver 15K from solar.
There is absolutely nothing to get defensive about if the company lays out the numbers right in front of you.

Absolutely! Have you ever lived in an all-electric house?
Yes and we never used nearly that much power. Are you just running around turning on everything?
Even if you had a huge 60Kwh battery bank you would get 4 hours of power out of it assuming you did not go past 80% DOD. I do not see many people running at anything close to 12KW at night.

Nope. Hence why I am still looking lol.

Right, I'm done here... moving on.
Thanks and good luck with your search.

I have two 12K's. Max power consumption in my all-electric home has been (edit to)10,000 Watts. 6.25 Tons of 16-33 SEER heat pumps with heat kits disabled with a toggle switch-spst installed on low voltage 24vac circuit to heat contactor. I also added a defrost disable switch on the one heat pump with a defrost termination switch. 80 gal wh- 4800W- 140F, with a timer that switches it off at night, electric dryer, washer, two refrigerators, electric range, microwave, toaster, mini Delongi convection toaster oven, hair dryers.

Last edited:
I have two 12K's. Max power consumption in my all-electric home has been 8,000W. 6.25 Tons of 16-33 seer heat pumps with heat kits disabled. 80 gal wh, dryer, washer, two refrigerators, electric range, microwave, toaster, mini Delongi convection toaster oven. hair dryers.

I don't believe this.

A water heater + 2.5Ton heat pump is 8kw right there. Toaster is another 1-2kw. Add in a clothes dryer, hair dryer, microwave your draw is prob near 15-20kw

In the winter I can easily use 12kw+ at night. My heat pump alone uses close to 20kW when the heat strips are on. I'll need to get a second one if I want to be able to run that.

In the winter I can easily use 12kw+ at night. My heat pump alone uses close to 20kW when the heat strips are on. I'll need to get a second one if I want to be able to run that.
You also better factor in about 150KWh of LFP batteries if that is the case. Those batteries will make the price of multiple Sol-Ark 15Ks seem Trivial. Your probably looking at $50,000 in just batteries if you use the lower priced rack mount batteries or $98K if you go with one of the Tier one branded Batteries.

You also better factor in about 150KWh of LFP batteries if that is the case. Those batteries will make the price of multiple Sol-Ark 15Ks seem Trivial. Your probably looking at $50,000 in just batteries if you use the lower priced rack mount batteries or $98K if you go with one of the Tier one branded Batteries.
Thankfully the heat strips aren't on all the time. I wouldn't mind having around 100kwh of storage though.

This inverter is one serious mule! I could never come close to using even a reasonable fraction of its potential, but I want one... just because!

Thankfully the heat strips aren't on all the time. I wouldn't mind having around 100kwh of storage though.
Even at today's inflated prices, I suppose you could build a nice ~100kwh DIY battery bank for under $25k. If you're looking at paying $16k-$17k for two inverters, the additional $25k or less for a nice DIY 100kwh battery bank seems like a no brainer.

Then again, I can't fathom needing 30kw worth of inverters! I could 3-4 days on 30kwh, lol!

Even at today's inflated prices, I suppose you could build a nice ~100kwh DIY battery bank for under $25k. If you're looking at paying $16k-$17k for two inverters, the additional $25k or less for a nice DIY 100kwh battery bank seems like a no brainer.

Then again, I can't fathom needing 30kw worth of inverters! I could 3-4 days on 30kwh, lol!
Only 24kW at night ?

Back