diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k and two EG4-LL Racks

Since the Sol-Ark 15k has two Battery inputs in it, could I just connect both racks independently to the Sol-Ark and only need to chain the BMS's 1-12 together. I read that the Sol-Ark 15k battery hookup is just a mini-combiner box anyway.

I'm new to this, but planning on some expansion.. I was thinking of starting with 2 racks and 6 batteries, but 3 in batteries in each rack to start. With each rack independently connected to the Sol-Ark.. Then could load up each rack over time as $$ allows to expand it.

Thoughts?
I wouldn’t think so.

Why would you want to do it that way?

I know it was causing issue if you only hooked up 1 side of the positive and one negative to one side of the breaker.

They made these V shaped busbars so you could use a single hookup of 4/0 or whatever your requirements are.

I’m using 2 x 2/0 for each Positive and Negative connection.

Why? So I could treat each rack separately. why not take advantage of them having 2 battery hookups?

Why spend more on a buss bar when connecting them both to one to each side combines them anyway?

It will work. You need to use both battery connections to get to 275 amps. Each side is limited to something like 160 amps.

I used a busbar with both battery connections to the busbar in order to add a chargeverter (directly charge batteries from a noisy generator). Other benefits are: Easier to parallel another Sol-Ark, and add more racks.

Back