diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k Operational Impressions?

Yes that's in amps. No chance for a single 15k to start that.
It does though. The first time it started it was fine (though lights would flicker), but then it would reboot every 2-3 times the geo unit started up. After I put a KickStart KS-1 on it (for up to 5 ton geo) it starts fine, but it still flickers the lights.

It does though. The first time it started it was fine (though lights would flicker), but then it would reboot every 2-3 times the geo unit started up. After I put a KickStart KS-1 on it (for up to 5 ton geo) it starts fine, but it still flickers the lights.
You had this in another thread but I think you saw to get a ASY-368-X48-BLUE Microair and it will reduce your LRA to a point the 15k won’t even blink.

You had this in another thread but I think you saw to get a ASY-368-X48-BLUE Microair and it will reduce your LRA to a point the 15k won’t even blink.
I am waiting to hear back. I'm nervous because all of Carrier's other Infinity geo units have the "Smart Start" soft start, but for some reason this split system one doesn't. I don't want to ruin the geo unit by adding the Microair without them responding with a go ahead.

Anyone near northern Indiana interested in installing a ASY-368-X72-BLUE for me?

If not I may have to find a vendor. Not sure I want to chance it myself.

Anyone near northern Indiana interested in installing a ASY-368-X72-BLUE for me?

If not I may have to find a vendor. Not sure I want to chance it myself.
It’s truly not that hard. Several videos on You tube how to do it.

If we have to we can FaceTime or zoom to get you through it.

Back