diy solar

diy solar

SOL-ARK 15k with EG4 LiFePO4

Robert Vinson

I know they just changed things to allow communications between the 15k and the EG4 LL batteries but can the regular LiFePO4 batteries communicate with the 15k? I have 2 15k's and 3 racks of the LiFePO batteries on the way.

Well I was told that they do not...so I have a conundrum. I have 8 of the lifepo batteries. I can use a EG4-LL as a master which will control the Lifepowers but I can only do 16 batteries. My first thought was to just split the battery banks and get a LL to control each stack of 9 and put 1 stack on each inverter but SOL-ARK says I can't split them....so how can I run all the batteries in 1 bank? Or am I just limited to 16 period?

Robert...did you ever get this problem solved? did you stack 3 slot on the 6 slot for ea set of 9 eg4-LLs and run to ea inverter? did you also use victron lynx distributer for each side?

Nope.. 3 racks of 6. Cant run different battery banks on each solark
did you have to use the victron lynx distributors? or just the 3 cabinets with the existing bus bars (with only 16 batteries paralleled instead of the full 18 you bought I'm guessing? ) and just hook directly into the sol ark/s? I was sold the lynx distributors and told by Sign Solar that I had to use them but there may be some confusion on how I will have this all set up...

parallel all 18 battery packs and then use 15 communication cable for the first 16 packs, and one for the last 2 packs.

Back