diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark 8k, Time of use Limited-to-home question

I Just Cant Anymore

Hello all. I have a Sol-ark 8k with 15kw batteries. Im trying to figure out if I can program this so that I am in Limited-to-home mode during the day when I have PV, but then at night only discharge my batteries to the load. Currently I have time of use set with my battery voltages to discharge at night and charge to a SOC during the day, then it can use the remainder to push to the house. However, even without "Sell" boxed checked in the time of use settings, it will push battery power to the house up to my wattage setting.

To Summarize:
Day=Limited to Home
Night=Limited to Loads

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?
Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 10.44.11 PM.png

I have found that you just call them at the number on front of the manual they always answer. and talk you thru it
Phone 972-575-8875 extension #2 for tec support -I will add it takes both the battery screen and the TOU screen to set this up-its a five minute phone call. They have always helped me with setup questions every time-easy. I could look at my setup but cannot now.Thats how mine it set up
Never selling to the grid only limited to power at home-I do sip a small amout now and then from grid when needed.

I’ve tried both load and battery priority.

Thanks for the responses. I will reach out to them and see if they can help with my question. They have been very good to work with.

That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing.
Hi
Sorry to hijack your thread. Has anyone seen the
inverter refuse to feed up the to limit set during
TOU? For instance randomly I noticed a new 15k
install set to grid sell will only use 700-780w after
midnight when TOU setting is 3000w until it hits 30%... it works out to be almost exactly 14.5a@51.2vDC. I reset the inverter, turned TOU
off then back on, last resort next is a factory reset. I can’t get to the unit in person until next
week so I’m not going to do the factory reset until I’m at the unit, just in case. ?

Iv
Hi
Sorry to hijack your thread. Has anyone seen the
inverter refuse to feed up the to limit set during
TOU? For instance randomly I noticed a new 15k
install set to grid sell will only use 700-780w after
midnight when TOU setting is 3000w until it hits 30%... it works out to be almost exactly 14.5a@51.2vDC. I reset the inverter, turned TOU
off then back on, last resort next is a factory reset. I can’t get to the unit in person until next
week so I’m not going to do the factory reset until I’m at the unit, just in case. ?
I’ve had no issues with the wattage settings in TOU. Seems to always perform as set. However, I don’t sell back to grid so I wouldn’t have seen this anyhow. Is that TOU block set at a different voltage, or atleast lower than 51.2v as you indicated? Might try that potentially.

Back