diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark + batrium canbus integration workaround until its supported

audreez

as the title says i played around with integrating sol-ark with batrium because it was raining and i'm tired of waiting for official support, i played with batrium pylontech and some other emulators but they didnt work very well or at all, eventually i set it to "project lychee" protocol that emulates LG-Chem resu protocol and sol-ark understands it all just doesn't seem send data back in a fashion that batrium understands. On sol-ark set to lithium 00, I made multiple tests by changing charging voltages/current and sol-ark obliges within seconds, soc from batrium is updated on sol-ark as well, nominal capacity doesn't seem to update after initial integration but removing the lithium integration and enabling it again updates it (or just set it in sol-ark), i have my batrium setup to long life lipo so once cells hit 3.5v soc updates to 100% and batrium sends 0 current to sol-ark, then solark redirects current back to grid within seconds (tested this few times by turning off solar letting it consume ~10 amps then turning it back on to make sure its consistent and it was)

you can use a regular cat5 network cable but only use pins 4 (solid blue - can hi),5 (blue/white can lo),6 (green ground) no resistor and wire that to watchmon (mine is wm4)

see pics and hopefully this helps someone to get by until official integrations happens (its been "in progress" for a while now)
P.S. batrium does say canbus interface is in timeout status but seems like tx/rx go up and everything works ok

Attachments

• Batrium.JPG
    Batrium.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20211010_190245433.jpg
    PXL_20211010_190245433.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 124
  • PXL_20211010_161123881.jpg
    PXL_20211010_161123881.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20211010_190240601.jpg
    PXL_20211010_190240601.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 120
still working no problems, i do have latest firmware for my sol-ark
I did receive the latest update but not sure when the “last” update was. I do not have my LiFePo4 batteries connected to sol ark yet.
The extra wires in the Cat 5 cable, did you strip the out or just cut them? Pictures?

I did receive the latest update but not sure when the “last” update was. I do not have my LiFePo4 batteries connected to sol ark yet.
The extra wires in the Cat 5 cable, did you strip the out or just cut them? Pictures?
i made my own cat5 so i just crimped 3 required wires and cut the rest off, didn't want to short them out by accident if they were live

i made my own cat5 so i just crimped 3 required wires and cut the rest off, didn't want to short them out by accident if they were live
If Sol-Ark and Batrium are now communicating via CANbus, using Project Lychee protocol, how does this affect your Batrium settings in relation to the Sol-Ark settings? Charge/Discharge etc..?

If Sol-Ark and Batrium are now communicating via CANbus, using Project Lychee protocol, how does this affect your Batrium settings in relation to the Sol-Ark settings? Charge/Discharge etc..?
solark obeys settings sent from batrium (charge/discharge current etc), unless you have max A charge discharge specified in the sol-ark less than in the batrium then it will not override that setting (it will jsut top out at that), seems like capacity is still a manual thing but not a big deal

Just wanted to say thank you.
Figuring out how to make a Batrium talk to a Sol-ark was on my "prep" list for our setup I plan to commission this year.
I'm 'handy' with CAN and have looked high and low (pun intended) for any information on the CAN message definition for the Sol-ark and the Batrium (including the compatible inverters) with limited success. My plan was to make a CAN translator once I gathered the necessary information, but now I don't have to!! YAY

Again, Thank you!

This is exciting! Plan to make my cable tonight. 2x sol-ark 12k outdoor and currently 3x eve 280ah 16s packs. Would love to speak with anyone knowledgeable on Batrium and Sol-ark as I am in grey area and need some hand holding, lol. Currently only able to use one 12k(no parallel operation w/no battery) and just got my Batrium online last night.

Also, I’m having trouble getting my shuntmon working. Anyone with advice on this?

This is exciting! Plan to make my cable tonight. 2x sol-ark 12k outdoor and currently 3x eve 280ah 16s packs. Would love to speak with anyone knowledgeable on Batrium and Sol-ark as I am in grey area and need some hand holding, lol. Currently only able to use one 12k(no parallel operation w/no battery) and just got my Batrium online last night.
I also have dual 12 K Sol-Ark. Are you running a single cat five cable from Batrium to the master Sol-Ark or to both Sol-Ark‘s?
I would assume you’re only running one cable to the master but was just curious? I have everything basically set up, I just have not connected my 16s4p, Batrium system to Sol-Ark yet.

If anyone else wants to chime in with a little bit of advice, I am very near to actually hooking the system up and getting it running. I will have to ask questions when I get there, but just curious where you guys that have a little experience with this already have your settings for Batrium set?

I also have dual 12 K Sol-Ark. Are you running a single cat five cable from Batrium to the master Sol-Ark or to both Sol-Ark‘s?
I would assume you’re only running one cable to the master but was just curious? I have everything basically set up, I just have not connected my 16s4p, Batrium system to Sol-Ark yet.

If anyone else wants to chime in with a little bit of advice, I am very near to actually hooking the system up and getting it running. I will have to ask questions when I get there, but just curious where you guys that have a little experience with this already have your settings for Batrium set?
Yes 1

I apologize for taking so long to respond. Battling with time to repair the fact that I did not tip balance. My i cha her only wants to produce 16 amps, so I’ll be another month to get that done. Meanwhile I decide to try and hook up one of my grow art inverters as a charger to get to a high state of charge, but now I can’t figure out how to upgrade the app for my BMS.

I apologize for taking so long to respond. Battling with time to repair the fact that I did not tip balance. My i cha her only wants to produce 16 amps, so I’ll be another month to get that done. Meanwhile I decide to try and hook up one of my grow art inverters as a charger to get to a high state of charge, but now I can’t figure out how to upgrade the app for my BMS.
No worries, I figured it would only be one cable but just thought I would ask. Seems like a dumb question but it never hurts to be sure.
Well I hope you are able to get your top balance and done.
Which BMS are you using?
Batrium here but not running that system yet. Still using my old battery system for now

Since most people in this particular thread have Sol-Ark/Batrium paired, I am looking for some advice and recommendations on my state of charge limit settings?
I’m connecting my system today. I have thoroughly gone through all the settings that I am comfortable setting. However I do have some questions and was looking for some advice from the more experienced folks in this thread if interested let me know?
I wouldn’t mind a generic walk-through of the majority of settings just to see how good or bad I have done interpreting the information I have found on Batriums website.

as the title says i played around with integrating sol-ark with batrium because it was raining and i'm tired of waiting for official support, i played with batrium pylontech and some other emulators but they didnt work very well or at all, eventually i set it to "project lychee" protocol that emulates LG-Chem resu protocol and sol-ark understands it all just doesn't seem send data back in a fashion that batrium understands. On sol-ark set to lithium 00, I made multiple tests by changing charging voltages/current and sol-ark obliges within seconds, soc from batrium is updated on sol-ark as well, nominal capacity doesn't seem to update after initial integration but removing the lithium integration and enabling it again updates it (or just set it in sol-ark), i have my batrium setup to long life lipo so once cells hit 3.5v soc updates to 100% and batrium sends 0 current to sol-ark, then solark redirects current back to grid within seconds (tested this few times by turning off solar letting it consume ~10 amps then turning it back on to make sure its consistent and it was)

you can use a regular cat5 network cable but only use pins 4 (solid blue - can hi),5 (blue/white can lo),6 (green ground) no resistor and wire that to watchmon (mine is wm4)

see pics and hopefully this helps someone to get by until official integrations happens (its been "in progress" for a while now)
P.S. batrium does say canbus interface is in timeout status but seems like tx/rx go up and everything works ok
I have got my battery packs (16s4p) connected and Batrium talking to Sol-Ark. there are a few settings that I can’t figure out exactly how to configure?
On your sol ark screen it shows your normal ah capacity at 360 amp hours. My screen still reads zero amp hour capacity. Where and how do I adjust this in Batrium so it shows up on the Sol-Ark lithium screen?
Another question, in my Batrium remote comms control logic settings, under charging and discharging targets, I have voltage and current settings plugged in. But under power, (high/low - VA) I still have a zero. How do I determine what those numbers for the power VA setting should be and what does it affect?
Thanks for any help from anyone.

Attachments

• 183A065A-F1DB-4D57-9AFB-17D2D613EAD1.jpeg
    183A065A-F1DB-4D57-9AFB-17D2D613EAD1.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back