diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark battery SOC wrong

From the posts in this thread it sounds like the Solark could drain the batteries while reporting a relatively high SOC until it gets to know your batteries. What it takes to get to know has me confused
Every SOC for a given battery chemistry has a fairly well established voltage level, so it is not likely to happen. Even during its time of calibration it still has the cut off voltage setting that you put in as a backup.
A third level of protection is the fact that your BMS is going to cut off power before the voltage gets critically low.

I presently have Use Batt % Charged checked. What's is this used for? Powerview displays both % charged and battery voltage. How would checking Use Batt V Charged instead effect display and performance?

I find time of day usage works better with percentages than VBatt mode. Read the manual then try something for 24 hours and see if it performs as expected.

On sol ark setting make sure you have correct amp hour settings for your bank size. If you edit the size it will effect the battery capacity % on your main screen

I have a similar issue with my SA12k inverter and 16 6 volt AGM batteries. For one as far as I know, in order to manually measure the battery voltage after discharging them for a while, the batteries should sit for a while with no current flow snd then measure the voltage. After discharging for a while the inverter reports a SOC OF97% but the voltage reads 48v which according to the battery specs is near 25% SOC. I have a query into SA about this. I haven’t disconnected them to measure the voltage, yet.

With AGM voltage is a reasonable approximation of SOC so I would just use voltage for settings and iginoere SOC display. My SolArk 12k voltage and SOC displays have always been off so you should compensate by adjusting your set points up or down based on actual voltage.

Back