SOL-ARK/DEYE Competitor - UL-Certified Megarevo 5KW-8KW 120/240V 48V Hybrid Energy Storage Inverter

the_colorist

"Move over... let me fix it" Installer/Engineer
What is the model number of this device?
We have the OEM number but we'll probably change that as we push them harder into the US market via installers & distributors. Which model are you asking about?

Will the generator input work for a smaller 120v generator like a Honda EU2200i that doesn't have a 240v output?
A small 240V genset will work fine.

Is there a recommended power optimizer for the PV strings? My array currently has SolarEdge power optimizer's, would those be compatible?
We haven't tested optimizers. They should work but for Solaredge you'll need the Solaredge key of course. If anyone wants Tigo, I offer lower than market price on those while stock lasts.

robwolff3

How do you turn this thing on?
We have the OEM number but we'll probably change that as we push them harder into the US market via installers & distributors. Which model are you asking about?

A small 240V genset will work fine.

We haven't tested optimizers. They should work but for Solaredge you'll need the Solaredge key of course. If anyone wants Tigo, I offer lower than market price on those while stock lasts.

Good heads up on the Solaredge key, I did not know that existed!

Bummer the 120v Honda wont work. I saw in another hybrid AIO manual or spec sheet (cant find it now) that it wants the generator that is 150% of the inverter AC output. I assume because of how it integrates the generator input with the AC bus.

the_colorist

"Move over... let me fix it" Installer/Engineer
Where can I find the UL Listing information. Certified is not listed and if you aren't listed you aren't really competing with inverters that are
I'm glad you asked that. It's been in processing since Q4 last year. We're just waiting on the paperwork to come back. I'll post when I have it. I have previously posted a cert they sent us but we recently found a flaw and it was applied to the wrong model so we're waiting for the correct paperwork to come back.

The high voltage model however is certifed and we have the paperwork/certificate. Models up to 11.5KW. You'll need HV batteries though.

1642524613052.png

Bummer the 120v Honda wont work. I saw in another hybrid AIO manual or spec sheet (cant find it now) that it wants the generator that is 150% of the inverter AC output. I assume because of how it integrates the generator input with the AC bus.
These would be LF inverters with a split-phase transformer. They allow for an 120V input since the transformer internally takes care of the balancing.

Attachments

• RKH1NA series.pdf
    326.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2_CoFC_80065933_EN.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Megarevo Project Status Notification.pdf
    331.1 KB · Views: 5

ttsthermaltech

I'm glad you asked that. It's been in processing since Q4 last year. We're just waiting on the paperwork to come back. I'll post when I have it. I have previously posted a cert they sent us but we recently found a flaw and it was applied to the wrong model so we're waiting for the correct paperwork to come back.

The high voltage model however is certifed and we have the paperwork/certificate. Models up to 11.5KW. You'll need HV batteries though.

View attachment 80222

These would be LF inverters with a split-phase transformer. They allow for an 120V input since the transformer internally takes care of the balancing.
I am really liking the look of these inverters, but I do have one reservation. If you go to CSA's website, and try to look up the certification listing, it is not there. Actually, there are no certifications held by MegaRevo with any listing agency (CSA, ETL, UL, LC, TUV, etc). So until I see a traceable certificate, I would be somewhat hesitant. This is typically my first "sanity check" with any offshore company claiming certification. Ask for the certificate, see how long it takes to get it (should be emailed almost immediately), and then cross reference / validate with the listing agency. As I have contacted a few vendors that are private labeling this inverter (or so it seems), one has been honest and admitted that approval is pending, and another sent me a fake document showing certification, and once validated, proved to be untrue (read: listing agency confirmed uncertified, and is investigating further). As MegaRevo is supposed to be the actual manufacturer, I can only hope that the certification will come in time. This looks to be a true competitor to the Deye / Sol-Ark.

Quattrohead

Solar Enthusiast
As I have contacted a few vendors that are private labeling this inverter (or so it seems), one has been honest and admitted that approval is pending, and another sent me a fake document showing certification, and once validated, proved to be untrue (read: listing agency confirmed uncertified, and is investigating further).
Please name and shame, this is deplorable behavior.
Or at least tell us who was honest.