Sol-ark factory reset?

dsimonl

There is a screen for performing a factory reset on my 15k. When I click enter, the system asks for a password. Is there a default? The manual doesn't mention it.

Samsonite801

Photon Sorcerer
Did you try pinging Solark Support to get the reset password?

Did you try 9999 (for Factory Reset), or 7777 (for Lock-out)?

robby

Photon Vampire
There is a screen for performing a factory reset on my 15k. When I click enter, the system asks for a password. Is there a default? The manual doesn't mention it.
It may be your Installer password that you setup your account with. If not call Sol-Ark and please let us know.
I don't think anyone has reset one before, so we can learn something from your experience.

dsimonl

I thought I read that it was recommended to perform a factory reset after the latest software update. If that isn't the case, I won't worry about it.

robby

Photon Vampire
I thought I read that it was recommended to perform a factory reset after the latest software update. If that isn't the case, I won't worry about it.
Somebody had mentioned that one particular update on the 15K required a factory reset but I never confirmed that with Sol-Ark.
None of the updates have ever required a reset so I kind of have my doubts about that info.