diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark Inverters 8 and 12K

Just wanted to give an update and reach out with a question for anyone with Batrium BMS experience. I have ordered 64 LiFePo4 batteries (4p16s) and I am expecting them in the next couple of weeks. I ordered the Batrium Watchmon Core and 16 Blockmons M8’s and the Batrium arrived today.
I already know that based on my desired layout and battery spacing that I will have to lengthen some of the Blockmons M8 cabling. Just curious for those of you with Batrium experience, if you had to lengthen you’re Blockmon cables? If so, what your suggestions or recommendations would be based on your experience?
Batrium I believe recommends cat 5 or 6 cable (rj45). Basically twister pair wire.

..coming together faster than I thought. The work that others did with the SunSynk for monitoring etc really paved the way.
data is raw and some spots missing since my laptop running Node-Red decided to 'go to sleep' a couple times. the possibilities now in having real time stats and future automations based on threshold/API triggers is real. maybe something akin to Tesla weather / storm alert feature. in the near feature i'll post a quick outline of the steps i took to integrate.

View attachment 51449
Wondering if you did any further write-up on how you got the Sol-Ark talking to Home Assistant.

I have Home Assistant running and I'm hoping to have my Sol-Ark installed soon so having the ability to run automations based on this data would be killer.

Checkout my custom_integration to connect your Sol-Ark to Home Assistant.
https://github.com/pbix/HA-solark-PV

Hey thanks for that! I'm hoping to have my system installed within the next few weeks so I'll try this out ASAP.

As for the Modbus > TCP/IP gateway, I have a Raspberry Pi 3 laying around doing nothing (used to run HA from that) that I may be able to use.

I read on the forums here that the Seplos BMS are compatible with the SolArk.
I'm planning to try one, but haven't got around to buying one yet.
Did you ever get around to trying thus yet? May soon be looking for a compatible BMS that will communicate through canbus

Back