diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark Limited to Load Max Power?

radub

I want to use Sol-Ark 15K, connect the grid to the "grid" input, and connect my main electrical panel to the "load" output.

I want the main panel to continue working when the grid goes down, so I think I will need to enable the "Limited to Load" mode only, and not have "Limited to Home" Or "Grid Sell" enabled.

Will the Sol-Ark be able to give me up to 200A from the grid, when the grid is on? That is, if my consumption goes above 12K on batteries or 15K on batteries + solar, will the Sol-Ark "supplement" that with power from the grid? Or does that 200A pass-through only refers to when the Sol-Ark is actually disabled/bypassed?

Sent Sol-Ark support the question few days ago, but they seem to be swamped at the moment. Lots of people going solar these days ...

Thank you so much,
Radu

Turns out they do respond quite quickly on the phone though :)

Sol-Ark confirmed the inverter will be able to supplement the power from batteries and PV up to 200A, no matter what the mode is. That includes the "limited to load" mode.

Thank you,
Radu

Will receive them tomorrow, but still waiting for the county for my shed building approval. Not sure how long it will take, but at least a couple more months, if not more.

Back