diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark needs a serious Change!

Exactly. Sol-ark servers are in China because thats where the Deye servers are. Deye is the oem for sol-ark, who is the US distributor, just like MPP solar is the US distributor for Voltronics units.
The proof of that is all over if you research it. I am sure Sol-Ark has input into the internals of their oem'ed version though.
Makes sense because we all know that American companies never design any IP and the Chinese never Rip off IP.

It sounds more like they increased their purchasing and bought an exclusive right to distribute the split phase for north America....seeing as the split phase is only for north America this effectively killed all other sales! Fortunately there is another inverter entering the market that if all ul certs are obtained might cut alot of the same sales solark wants to keep...what will they do then go be the exclusive distributor for them too?????...i for one hope they get what they gave!
The Sol-Ark is not just Split Phase, it can do multiple phases also. It's the Deye that has been forced to remove one of its capabilities. A Sol-Ark will work just fine in North America, China or Australia. A Deye cannot.

Try to buy one now. The Split Phase model is gone.
Hahaha so you went from it didnt have one of the capabilities the solark has to "try buy one now"...you do know the deye 8k has a capability the solark 8k does not right.....the ability to parallel aka stack!????? so who again is taking functions from their consumers? i hope you and solark keep that same energy when the "crap" gains sales traction....

Hahaha so you went from it didnt have one of the capabilities the solark has to "try buy one now"...you do know the deye 8k has a capability the solark 8k does not right.....the ability to parallel aka stack!????? so who again is taking functions from their consumers? i hope you and solark keep that same energy when the "crap" gains sales traction....
Deye added the capability and then Sol-Ark told them to cease making the model and they did.
I have no idea what your talking about with Stacking, you must be smoking something as Sol-Ark has been doing that for years o_O.
I guess these people are just keeping a lot of spares :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Multiple_SolArks.jpeg

Multiple_Sol_Ark2.jpg

Last edited:
I know how much you value pictures so here you go...here is the link as well...https://practicalpreppers.com/sol-ark-8k-vs-sol-ark-12k/amp/

Attachments

• 20211029_165810.jpg
    20211029_165810.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 43
From online spec sheet note the 8k and 5k can't parallel....also note they dont do 208 3phase either...talk about cutting your customers short!

Screenshot_20211029-170450_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I know how much you value pictures so here you go...here is the link as well...https://practicalpreppers.com/sol-ark-8k-vs-sol-ark-12k/amp/
I own a 12K so I know it can be paralleled / stacked. Sol-Ark also has a 15K model coming out and I know that can be stacked.
Nope I don't follow the 8K all that much and don't follow the 5K at all, so I did not know it had that limitation.

You have some awesome detailed knowledge of the inner workings of solarks bussiness dealings with deye...if i didnt know better i would think your financially linked.

I own a 12K so I know it can be paralleled / stacked. Sol-Ark also has a 15K model coming out and I know that can be stacked.
Nope I don't follow the 8K all that much and don't follow the 5K at all, so I did not know it had that limitation.
Yet your speaking with authority about their business dealings with their manufacturer and about their products...

Yet your speaking with authority about their business dealings with their manufacturer and about their products...
Yep that is something that has come up in my conversation with Sol-Ark Sales and Service. Paralleling 8K units is not something that has ever come up. I have no interest since I don't own an 8K.

You have some awesome detailed knowledge of the inner workings of solarks bussiness dealings with deye...if i didnt know better i would think your financially linked.
Nope I have just been an Electronic Engineer designer for 35+ years so when I start talking to other engineers we tend to get along very well.
So who in the USA do you think is going to be interested in stacking 240V Deye units and using Autotransformers?
You suggestion that it will be all over for Sol-Ark makes absolutely no sense as Deye is not even a competitor for Sol-Ark in North America.
Also why are you harping so much on the 8K? Most people buying Sol-Arks are buying the 12K. The 12K does do 208V 3 Phase, so if you need that then buy a 12K. There is nothing you can do with a Deye 8K that you cannot do with a Sol-Ark 12K but there are several things you can do with a Sol-Ark 12K that none of the Deye hybrid Inverters can do.

Last edited:
Ok lets see about harping...you once was on who was first...who designed what...and today who was made to disable a function..a function that has never been disabled btw ....i would like to think you could agree that between the two companies solark has a function that is clearly available disabled something thats available on the 8k and the 5k but they only have it enabled on the 12k....but please inform me of what a 12k can do that the 8k cant...besides provide 1kw more of inversion and the obvious slightly larger mppt capacity....

Will this be 15kw of inversion or mppt capacity again?

Ok lets see about harping...you once was on who was first...who designed what...and today who was made to disable a function..a function that has never been disabled btw ....i would like to think you could agree that between the two companies solark has a function that is clearly available disabled something thats available on the 8k and the 5k but they only have it enabled on the 12k....but please inform me of what a 12k can do that the 8k cant...besides provide 1kw more of inversion and the obvious slightly larger mppt capacity....
Split phase which is no longer available on the Deye 8K. The Sol-Ark is EMP hardened. The cabinet is fully outdoor rated and the Sol-Ark is setup to use closed loop communication with a pretty big list of top tier battery packs like Fortress, Simpliphi, Blue Ion, Discover, Kilovault, Storz and about 5 or 6 others. Also while the Deye 8K can only provide 8K to the loads and the 12K can provide 9K the Sol-ark can also charge the batteries with a separate 3K of power while delivering the full 9K hence the 12K name.
I get a real 10 year warranty versus the 5 year warranty with Deye. I can pickup the phone and get a tech on the line within 5 minutes and get help. Good luck getting support from Deye, especially if the Inverter is in the USA.
Can a Deye be grid tied in the USA and pass inspection? I have not seen one person say they have done that. I would love to find out the truth, so if you know of a system that is documented or a video has been made about it please show me. If not it is really not a viable or Legal Grid Tie Inverter for use in the USA.

Last edited:
Will this be 15kw of inversion or mppt capacity again?
You will have to wait and see.

Also you keep saying MPPT capacity. You really do not understand how the Sol-Ark 12K works!
Since you love my videos and pictures, here is a video to explain it to you.

Last edited:
You will have to wait and see.

Also you keep saying MPPT capacity. You really do not understand how the Sol-Ark 12K works!
Since you love my videos and pictures, here is a video to explain it to you.
Now you wana be tight lipped???? also please dont misquote me i said "i know you love your pictures"!
p.s i have a very limited grasp of inverters and batteries but i do know that when someone says their inverter is a 12kw inverter its expected to have 12kw of inversion capability not 9kw of inversion... but thats just the tradesman in me not thinking....enjoy your weekend and be safe!

Back