diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark not a good company to deal with 12k

There is one other major downside to this other than losing half of your money. Just a warning ;)
My Friend also has almost no friends or even family members left that he can hang around with.
After he started going out and then married his 25 year old GF. It's like the wives club merged into a Hive of angry Hornets!
Even my Wife told me that she does not want that Woman in her house!!!?☹️ (Mi likes looking at that woman?)

Even his Brothers Wives put a Ban on Him and his Sisters and Eldest Daughter (Not Good)
So basically the Women don't want us to have this happy guy in our house with his good looking wife because we might get ideas.
I have to go over to his house if we want to link up.

Oh and BTW which ever man wins the Nobel Prize for finally writing a book about understanding Women, Please add this one to the behavioral pattern chapter.
While all the Wives were very supportive of his X Wife during the divorce and maybe for the first year after divorce, they all slowly started to stay away from her. My guess is that she represents a failure? She's a ??? Honestly I have no idea why, so write the book and let me know Dammit! Anyway I am now in more contact with her than my Wife is and that is so weird.
My dearly loved wife of 25 years died. I My case meeting a younger woman was just serendipity.
One of my best Buds aged in his 50s divorced his long time wife and took a massive hit in the pocket so he could Marry a Woman he really liked who was in her Mid 20s. I had a lot of mixed emotions about that, but wow the guy has been married for 3 years and he looks younger, got into great physical shape ;) and is just such a happy and completely changed person.
My wife , dearly loved, died after 25 years of marriage. My new wife is a lawyer, college professor, and writer. I met her on a bus in Oxford, England. Somehow I got lucky in life (God knows why) . Also two amazing daughters.

Don't believe the naysayers, ever. People always want to pull you down.

Go search the Waybackmachine and tell us what Deye was selling back in 2018 and then Search Sol-Ark and tell us what they were selling back in 2018.

Sol-Ark Introduction Video of the 8K From Early 2018. This was one of 30 Handmade 8K units that they built in the USA for Testing and a few were sent to Deye in order for them to start setting up the machinery for Manufacturing them.

Notice that this Inverter has Rolled steel sides and does not look anything like the final 8K model that Sol-Ark sold.
Engineer775 was also one of the first to get his hands on one and he also has a video from back in 2018
@robby Do you know why Sol-Ark decided to use model number 8K-SG01 (Deye model number scheme) on PCB's of their American "Handmade" units but named it 8K-48-ST everywhere else? https://sunwatts.com/content/specs/Sol-Ark-8K-specs.pdf

1670627003865.png
1670626896257.png

Deyes first Introduction Video of the 8K in 2020 (2 Years after Sol-Arks introduction)

You do realize that most Chinese companies don't have Youtube presence right? Youtube is even blocked in China.

Nope no idea.
That's why I said also use the Wayback machine and look at Deyes website for 2018-2019 vs Sol-Arks. Also notice that video is a Deye product introduction video which matches up with their website introduction update.

I just found out that my GMC 2500HD wont haul 2,500 pounds !
My truck camper loaded is around 11K total weight truck and camper. Truck weighs 7200 empty.

Yes, it is a GMC. But if you don't have 10 ply tires with proper weight distribution you won't haul 2500 lbs.

I'm the same way. I tow our big trailer with my 96 F350. Original tow capacity is 12,500lbs, and now its pulling 20-22,000lbs with 3,500 lbs of pin weight. I have done very very extensive modifications to axles, suspension, brakes, frame, powertrain etc to sustain this weight, but it pulls better than my 18' F350 did.

Have we derailed this thread enough yet?

Not yet, I have a single rear wheel 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton with one ton leaves in it with overloads that has a dump box. I've hauled 4.5T of rock in it many times.

You don't go fast or far and you make dang certain you have good tires because if you have a blowout and the DOT comes driving along, it will take some 'xplainin. :)

Yes 10 ply tires are a must 80 PSI type E . I run Michelins on my 1 ton van and 3/4 ton truck. I like the belted side wall ones -I order them from Costco. Been running them for decades-Get about 70k on them if you rotate them well

Taking this back to the subject of the thread, I recently saw that SolArk has some arrangement with Orion for a closed loop communication with the Orion BMS. Since I got nothing back on that idea from Outback, I thought I would ask SolArk what was up. To my surprise I got a response the same day from SolArk support that clarified where they are on that issue. It was promising and I have to admit that the SolArk support is everything that people have said it is. I am not ready to make a U turn but admit I am slowing down to be ready if I have to make a decision in the next few years. The SolArk 8k and the new Outback Mohawk are competively priced if I should ever need to replace my Skybox which has five years of warranty left.

Mojave?

Doesn't say surge 2x nominal, but at 133 lbs. seems to be low-frequency.
Or is it a heavy high-frequency inverter?

Taking this back to the subject of the thread, I recently saw that SolArk has some arrangement with Orion for a closed loop communication with the Orion BMS. Since I got nothing back on that idea from Outback, I thought I would ask SolArk what was up. To my surprise I got a response the same day from SolArk support that clarified where they are on that issue. It was promising and I have to admit that the SolArk support is everything that people have said it is. I am not ready to make a U turn but admit I am slowing down to be ready if I have to make a decision in the next few years. The SolArk 8k and the new Outback Mohawk are competively priced if I should ever need to replace my Skybox which has five years of warranty left.
If you do decide to get a Sol-Ark then get the 12K. Your going to be kicking yourself for not spending the extra $900 for it.
Also I would not be surprised if Sol-Ark phases out the 8K next year because the price point is so competitive with the 12K that they probably don't sell as many of them as they use to.

If you do decide to get a Sol-Ark then get the 12K.
Thanks. It is a long term decision. At this point I don't think I need the inverter capacity but what that might get me in terms of increased AC coupling capacity might be important. It is easier for me to add incremental capacity with micros and that is a factor in my long term plan. As I convert more of my home systems to electric from natural gas I might need that capacity or the economics may drive that decision. Rates and NEM policies are changing and I am trying to keep an open mind, despite my previous comments. I was actually surprised at how fast I got a response from SolArk support as just a random non SolArk customer. I obviously did not give them my handle on this forum. LOL

Last edited:
Their customer service is really first class. I had one late night emergency during the first week after commissioning and I was surprised to get a tech at 9pm on a Saturday. The guy listened to my issue and then asked for permission to login to the Inverter. Once in he found the setting I had screwed up, he had it fixed within 10 minutes.
That level of service was way above what I had expected going into this.

Last edited:
Back