www.google.com/get/sunroof

+BatteryBlocs

Just another way to put cells together

batteryblocs.com/

Energy Sage

General knowledge, planning and quote website

www.energysage.com/

Legion Solar

A modular system that includes smart production as to not feed in the grid. Also, has provisions for battery integration.

legionsolar.com/

Solmetric

A products based business dedicated to proper testing and analysis of Photovoltaic energy systems

Build it solar

Informational website

PVcomplete

A place to build your system and get documents prepared for city submittal of permit application

Battery Hookups

A place to purchase aftermarket battery cells and new cells

Last edited:
I just LOVE these adds that wave "savings" around in front of people to catch their eye. Much like the TV commercial for that app called "Poshmark". It's a bunch of snooty women with expensive clothes they no longer wear and they make claims like "I paid my my new car with the money I made selling on Poshmark." Nowhere do they mention that at some point, honey, you paid $700 for those ugly ass whore shoes you just sold for $300. When you take in $5000 for $12,000 of used clothing, tell me how that is making money? Same basic concept. One of those links leads with "Savings of $18,000", and the fine print says "over 20 years". Well, over 20 years, that comes out to $900 a year. On average, I pay about $800 a year for electricity. This late in life, it would not be a wise choice for me. For the 20 somethings, sure. I am almost 70. I don't have that 20 years to wait for the break even point. And where you live is huge. Their map said my area has 76% saturation. I dispute that having lived in this area for 68 years. It's likely more like 60%. I'd need grid power from about mid December until mid March or early April here. But you folks out west and southwest, this is a time of great opportunity for you.

I just LOVE these adds that wave "savings" around in front of people to catch their eye. Much like the TV commercial for that app called "Poshmark". It's a bunch of snooty women with expensive clothes they no longer wear and they make claims like "I paid my my new car with the money I made selling on Poshmark." Nowhere do they mention that at some point, honey, you paid $700 for those ugly ass whore shoes you just sold for $300. When you take in $5000 for $12,000 of used clothing, tell me how that is making money? Same basic concept. One of those links leads with "Savings of $18,000", and the fine print says "over 20 years". Well, over 20 years, that comes out to $900 a year. On average, I pay about $800 a year for electricity. This late in life, it would not be a wise choice for me. For the

Sorry, you felt that the tool was an advertisement. Yes, the tool is a little on the optimistic side, but they have to hook a person's attention somehow. Even if the "savings" are off by a little it still provides good information on amount of solar irradiation based on the orientation of your roof.

Hey, don't let folks get you down, some people just have just have always to find a reason to fuss about something and in this case, tended to be a little rude and condescending which was totally unnecessary. Please don't let it discourage you from posting links to more interesting tools or information because that is the purpose of this thread, and someone will find it helpful sooner or later. Life is just that way.

Back