diy solar

diy solar

Solar All In One on Pull Cart

Jeff.F

I' m looking to build a portable solar System contained on a hand pulled cart or wagon.
Need to generate no more than 1kw. The sole purpose of this system is to charge up to
400ah of batteries, which will then be used to charge EGO Power Plus power station.

The cart/wagon will be pulled by hand in and out of the garage as needed to charge the batteries/
Power station. Of course this is a totally off grid set up and for emergency longer term
power outage.

All I need to mount on cart/wagon is the solar array. Thinking of two possibly three panels.
All the other equipment will be mounted on wall in garage. Simply running wires from
solar array to the equipment in the garage via some sort of plug and play set up.

Looking for ideas on the cart/wagon set up.

Thanx in advance.

Just thinking scale...

Assuming 12V/400Ah... that's 4800Wh. If you get fantasitc sun, and can angle the panels just right, you'd need 1000W of panels to charge that in a single day.

Very true. Will likely "scale down" the size of the battery storage.
Because the goal would be a full charge in a single day.

The amount of charge needed is not a factor of battery size. It is a factor of how much power you draw from the battery. I had 690 amp hour bank. 300W solar panels. Microwave, coffee pot, toaster, 12v fridge, lights and fans. By end of day, if sun, battery was full.

Yes that is true. My assumption was charging a drained battery in a single
day. And also using a Lithium battery which can be fully discharged.

Back