diy solar

diy solar

Solar and wind combined.

Ron

I am planning on almost 500 watts solar(48v) Possible 95 volts with these amorphous panels. at 15amps feeding an MPPT. I have not bought the MPPT yet. I also will be feeding 48v volts from a 400 watt turbine. I am not sure what it will do power-wise, 400watts, likely 200watts Through a Schneider c-40. I plan on using this as a diverter to heat water. My question is if they both are connected to the battery will the excess power go through the c-40 diverter? I'm guessing the MPPT will use what it needs. Would the MPPT just put out more voltage if the batteries needed it? It doesn't divert like the c-40. I wouldn't mind any advice since I'm not really experienced with this. This will be feeding my BYD batteries set up as 48volts.

I ended up buying an Outback FM60 for the solar. After much reading, I figured out there are no problems with hooking them both up to the battery together. They will both try to do what they can to charge the batteries correctly. The wind turbine will help. I like the idea of having charging going on at night.

Back