diy solar

diy solar

Solar and Wind controllers

Zefito

Hello,

Great work and info thanks wanted to ask some questions.

I have and old solar setup with about 300w panels. I’m thinking of adding a small wind turbine (400w) and trying to make the 24v lithium battery.

Any opinions on a solar and wind controller in the EU?

How to cool the 24v lithium battery because I live in Greece so temperatures could reach 30-35 Celsius in the summer will this affect the battery?

Any way to order Li-Fe Po batteries in the EU, because customs will charge me 24% tax from china?

Thanks

I'm also wanting to do wind and solar, but I'm not sure how to do multiple sources of charging. Can I just hook them both in parallel to the charge controller? Hmmm

I'm also wanting to do wind and solar, but I'm not sure how to do multiple sources of charging. Can I just hook them both in parallel to the charge controller? Hmmm
I like wind turbines. Standing under those monsters in the desert is awe inspiring.
But do you really have enough wind to make it worth while?
What kind of tower are you installing your turbine on?
Read this:
https://www.solacity.com/small-wind-turbine-truth/

I like wind turbines. Standing under those monsters in the desert is awe inspiring.
But do you really have enough wind to make it worth while?
What kind of tower are you installing your turbine on?
Read this:
https://www.solacity.com/small-wind-turbine-truth/
I don't have anything yet. I live in an area that is partially shaded and want to augment my power generation as I will be off grid. I'm doing this to help offset lack of sun even if it is just a little as my situation has it I cannot be without power and will have a propane generator on hand for the days I cant get enough solar. The offgrid project I'm working on is for a home office that I will be working out of 100%. I'm also an avid gamer so in the evenings with no sun I'll play a few hours every night. my routine, work from 6am-4pm then game from 10pm to midnight. I've run a kilawatt and figured I need about 500Ah to be safe. and 900 watts of solar panel.

Back