diy solar

diy solar

SOLAR-ASSIST monitoring along side Shine-WIFI Module for Growatt 3000TL LVM-ES

RandomPlanet

Hello!
New here...

So I have my Raspberry Pi4 running solar-assist monitoring software and is connected to my Growatt via USB... It is working as advertised (Although i know the growatt support is still in Beta)
I also own the Shine Wifi module, which I have working and connected.

Problem is: Both cannot be connected and functioning at the same time. Is this just FACT or is there a way to get BOTH Monitoring systems running in tandem ?

Thanks for your time! :)
RandomPlanet

I have both connected and running at the same time. Works perfectly and stats are logged to both platform.
In order for me to get the ShineWifi Dongle inserted in to the USB Port alongside the USB cable connected to the port right next to it running to my Pi, I had to remove the ShineWifi dongle housing - so i just have the dongle circuit board plugged in. Tight fit - but a fit nonetheless.

I have a 5000TL HVM though - essentially the same layout in terms of ports as far as I can tell.

I just put the Growatt wifi dongle on a USB extension cord.
Solar Assistant works excellently on my Growatt SPF5000ES along
with the Growatt dongle.
Home Assistant is updated often. The Growatt dongle has the disadvantage
of not being real-time.
Have to hit reload often. Also, it reports back all to its masters, which is not good
for security.
Home Assistant does not depend on the internet as does the Growatt wifi dongle.
I do use both simultaneously however as they both have functions to complement
each other. Home assistant is much more robust and reliable. I also use iotawatt.
It does not report back to its masters either with no dependance on the internet.
Monitors all your targeted loads so can evaluate them.

I just found a Raspberry Pi for a reasonable price! I'm excited to have a realtime logger for my 24v LVM3000. will report back once I have it flashed and connected.

Back