diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Charts

OilCan

I have two Growatt 3000 inverters running in my split-phase system. Both inverters are showing their data but when using the Charts Tab only MPPT1 graph appears active, MPPT2 data in charts is zero. Any cause for this behavior in SA?

Attachments

• SA_charts.jpg
    SA_charts.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 17
  • SA_charts-2.jpg
    SA_charts-2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Do you have solar panels attached to both?

Edit... Are both inverters connected to the Pi individually?
Settings, inverters, 2 selected.
I have a similar setup using MPP solar units. But in my solar assistant under the inverter button I only have one instance of PV voltage PV current and PV power, not two.
The second array is reported under a different inverter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-114725.png
    Screenshot_20230119-114725.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Only the Master inverter is connected to the Pi. Master and Host have their own cross-connected DB9 Com cables with each other.
Plus my Pi USB ports are all full now.

That's your problem. The DB9 is for parallel split phase coordination. Use any old cheapy USB hub to expand your USB capacity at the pi and run a separate cable.

That's your problem. The DB9 is for parallel split phase coordination. Use any old cheapy USB hub to expand your USB capacity at the pi and run a separate cable.
I wonder why that should be if the Slave inverter is relaying it's info to the Master why should that not work? But any will go ahead add a hub to the Pi just the same.
Thanks,
Bill

Well nuts I was wrong, I did have both units connected USB. Otherwise I would not have two USB ports showing in the inverter pulldown config.

Anyway MPPT2 voltage and current are still not being plotted.

Last edited:
Remember that many micro USB wires do not have data connections, they are only for charging phones etc so swap your cables over and see whether the other unit communicates then. The paralleling cable will only provide basic information from the other inverter.

Remember that many micro USB wires do not have data connections, they are only for charging phones etc so swap your cables over and see whether the other unit communicates then. The paralleling cable will only provide basic information from the other inverter.
I am using standard USB A to B cables, no micros. Both units are communicating in real-time, why the chart doesn't plot the Host unit is the question. Wrote Solar Assistant about it and this was their response: "I don't think your inverter has an MPPT2, meaning they only take one MPPT string. Since you have 2 inverters, you will see two MPPT1 values."

That makes sense as the MPPT1 chart shows values for Inverter 1&2 when you hover the graph.

Connected today Solar Assistant to my parallel Growatts and according to Shine for 4 hours panels produced 1 kWh. I may see it in Shine's day Total, but Solar Assistant Total is empty. 1. Too early to worry? 2. Is it possible to save changed custom colors of legend? 3. Is it possible to remove MPPT2 carts as Growatt does not have one.

Attachments

• Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 17.41.25.png
    Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 17.41.25.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 19.22.03.png
    Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 19.22.03.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 19.13.21.png
    Знімок екрана 2023-03-06 о 19.13.21.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back