diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant - data logger

On a side note, since your battery is 100% and you are showing no PV, turn something on for no reason. ?
lol

It's early morning and pissing down with rain, that's all the PV can supply.

My batteries are sealed lead acid (380 Ah / 48 V) so even with zero load they'll always accept some charge if available, even if it's a small 1 A float charge which is roughly 50 W of PV. Add the inverter's self consumption (set 45 W) which means the PV will always have a minimum demand of ~100 W. If it's providing less than that, then as Scotty says, "that's all they've got Jum".

Hello ... I am Evan from Greece ....

The solar assistant is perfect !!!
I watch everything in an inverter Axpert VMIII and it is amazing ... But a few days ago my pi4 burned out !!! The guys in support helped me and set up a trial account for me .. It's weird because raspberry almost never get anything.
Has it happened to any of you? (to emphasize that pi4 was getting power from an ecoflow delta)

Hello ... I am Evan from Greece ....

The solar assistant is perfect !!!
I watch everything in an inverter Axpert VMIII and it is amazing ... But a few days ago my pi4 burned out !!! The guys in support helped me and set up a trial account for me .. It's weird because raspberry almost never get anything.
Has it happened to any of you? (to emphasize that pi4 was getting power from an ecoflow delta)
Since you read the data out of the inverter I would supply power to pi4 from the inverter so grounding is the same.
Αλλά μάς εχει φάει ή τεχνολογία.

I asked for this change! :)

Which was put on the 2022-05-11 version. So, it helps to look at the change log. ??‍♂️?

1656127624424.png

Mine does not show voltage unless I click on the Icon.
How do you get that to be displayed?

Go to
Configuration
Battery
Advanced

View attachment 99983

You may need to "disconnect" at the configuration page before being permitted to make/apply this change
Duh I am an idiot!
I tried changing that before and could not. I did not notice the text at the bottom about Disconnecting before changing.

Thanks

Has anyone used solar assistant with an SRNE 3kw Inverter? Wondering if it will work. It is not on the list of supported, but seems like these all are knock offs of each other. Would like to use solar assistant, so much better than the SMartESS delayed updates. horrible!
Thanks

I have TAICO LiFePo4 batteries and haven't been able to read their bms yet. They say they only support can and not rs485 in sending info.
So until now I used the Emulated BMS, but it is not accurate at all (with a Axpert MAX 7200). Eg it says already 100% while the batteries are charging with 2000W.
Has anyone good ideas howto calibrate this?

Has anyone good ideas howto calibrate this?
Pierre might make some adjustments with its operation but frankly I think it's probably a stretch to expect the emulated BMS to be accurate given the data it is being fed by the inverter is itself is most likely inaccurate. I guess he could add in a charge and discharge correction factor.

I installed a Victron smart shunt and use that data instead.

I'm not sure what I will do when I move to a hybrid lead + lithium battery set up. The server rack batteries I have coming have comms ports but I've no clue whether they are going to be compatible with Solar Assistant.

Most likely I'll just use the smart shunt as is, increase the battery capacity rating and reduce the Peukert exponent by some factor that seems to make sense. I just won't have individual battery status information.

I guess in future there might be a way for Solar Assistant to accept battery data from more than one source, e.g. use the smart shunt for the lead acid and use the battery BMS data for the lithium. That said, I have no expectation of the software being development for unusual cases like mine - I think development focus is more likely on increasing the range of inverter and battery communications compatibility.

My bad, I overlooked the Advanced button.

Yes, the self consumption value is user adjustable, at least it is for me.

I guess one could measure it but an inverter's self consumption is gong to be somewhat variable so it's an estimate of average self consumption.

This is not just idle consumption. e.g. when supplying power the fans will turn on and off. Efficiency presumably vary depending on various factors, so it's just a fudge factor (well a fudge constant).

Kool. It measures around 150w at idle so going to adjust that variable to something more accurate than 45w.

Back