diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant - data logger

Must not be working on the 3000 series yet.
I have the 3000 series too.

So i was on an older beta 11/9 and I changed LCD Backlight settings, it took.... Although I DO Suspect you have to reboot the inverter for changes to take affect?

I am now updating the beta and will test further .
RP

I have the 3000 series too.

So i was on an older beta 11/9 and I changed LCD Backlight settings, it took.... Although I DO Suspect you have to reboot the inverter for changes to take affect?

I am now updating the beta and will test further .
RP
and Now with the NEW Beta from yesterday, I can confirm changes are still working on my 48V SPF 3KW LVM-ES

HTH.

RP

and Now with the NEW Beta from yesterday, I can confirm changes are still working on my 48V SPF 3KW LVM-ES

HTH.

RP
Can you screenshot where these can change? I don’t see it.

Attachments

• 84922552-B169-4F5A-8CDB-F34E5779B934.png
    84922552-B169-4F5A-8CDB-F34E5779B934.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • 8A4003E1-D2FE-42C5-976D-1035C3F79B03.png
    8A4003E1-D2FE-42C5-976D-1035C3F79B03.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 80B1AF9B-7D81-4284-93C0-31E6BD1657F1.png
    80B1AF9B-7D81-4284-93C0-31E6BD1657F1.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 13
New update available for Solar assistant, not sure if it's Beta or not - 12-1-21, Joe.
Went from 18 entidities to 24 to Home Assistant. Should see more data in Solar Assistant now, CHECKING NoW
1638443950279.png

Last edited:
New update available for Solar assistant, not sure if it's Beta or not - 12-1-21, Joe.
It's still beta:

You also have to opt in to the beta user program for the beat releases to appear in Solar Assistant Configuration page.

2021-12-01 Beta​

New features:

• Added integration for HomeAssistant energy module.
  • Support to set Growatt inverter settings.
  • Support to set Deye grid/gen charge power management.
  • Read older InfiniSolar 3kW, 5kW, 10kW and 15kW inverter settings.
  • Added "Clear historic data" function on configuration page.
  • Battery discharge rate per hour on dashboard if battery capacity is available.
  • Correct capacity calculation for multiple battery packs via USB serial connection.
  • Correct reading issue of Axpert MKS I/II in solar charging in standby mode.

I have my Fronius grid tied inverter integrated into the Home Assistant Energy module.

This update would enable my off-grid system to be added to that. I have also integrated CO2signal so the system can tell me how much the non-fossil v fossil energy we use.

Being beta I may wait until it's declared stable. I just went through a couple of days of hassle as my Home Assistant lost connection with all my devices and integrations, including Solar Assistant. Turned out to be something went awry with my network IP addresses but the diagnostic was painful as I am not terribly conversant with networking.

It's all back and working correctly now.

I just updated to the beta version and so far, have been stable for me on DEYE inverter.

I also want to add that I think this Solar-Assistant is really nice. And the price is affordable. I believe some work on the interface to make it look more modern day and this will challenge the best dataloggers out there. Take a look at this demo here. https://www.iammeter.com/
This appears to be solarmanpv with some changes. Remember, this is just my opinion.
But, all in all, a very functional system. I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.
Keep the good work up Pierre.

My Growatt SPF-6000T-DVM is stable with 12-1-21 beta, also it automatically added Growatt to Home Assistant "Energy" no setup required, wapping 4.1 kwh today - cloudy, it also shows weekly, monthly, and yearly, Joe. Agreed GREAT job Pierre
1638661182121.png

Here's November for my grid tied system:

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.24.15 am.png

I had an Home Assistant outage 30-Nov to 1-Dec so missing most of the last day.

Weather has been pretty ordinary this Spring/early Summer. A lot wetter than normal.

Aside from the production data, I also have consumption monitoring so you can see the self consumed solar and the exports to the grid. Also have Solcast PV forecasting integrated (the dashed line) and CO2signal, which assess the live CO2 intensity of the grid imports and calculates an integrated proportion of non-fossil energy consumption.

Solcast is interesting - here's a day's forecast for yesterday overlaid with the actual production data:

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.31.15 am.png

It was a little optimistic in the morning but it forecasted the afternoon storm pretty well. It's actually pretty darn good at forecasting the production trends, if not getting every hour exactly right. You could definitely do some automation on this basis, such as changing load and battery charge priorities.

It supplies an hourly production forecast out for a week, which is updated every so often. Solcast updates it at least hourly but I'm not sure how frequently the Home Assistant application polls the forecast updates. The HA integration makes some decision about when to lock in the forecast number for archive purposes.

When the Solar Assistant update goes live I'll add my off grid to it, but I'll need to check on how it want to be added since I already have one system in the Energy tab. There is certain information I'd want it to integrate (solar, load and battery) and some I would not (e.g. any use of grid power, since that's already captured by the grid monitoring system above).

The "Sum" data tables show charge/discharge info.
1640187602119.png
1640187621053.png

The Battery shows discharge and charge percentage now
1640187647260.png

2021-12-17 version
1640187689026.png

Beta - SA update to 12-22-21 out today,
Pretty interesting, finally the "Power" tab does something, will test and reply, Joe.
1640198423518.png

Pretty interesting, finally the "Power" tab does something, will test and reply, Joe.
I've been using the Power tab for months. Was it not working for you?

I've used it several times to remotely change the operating state of the inverter.

I have the Maintain Battery State of Charge control set although I think it only kicked in once for me given my system is mostly a backup system on float and also the Battery shutdownprotction activated although I never expect it to ever get that low.

Back