diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant help please

Just playing with my new tool/toy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-115931_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-115931_Chrome.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 20
I bought my own Pi and it came with a 5V/2.5A AC adapter. You can also use a 48V (or whatever your battery bank voltage is) to 5V buck converter and run your Pi off the battery itself. They’re about $5-10 on Amazon.
Have to be a little careful with that though; the Pi actually wants 5.1V (especially the newer ones) and has stupid little errors that come up when it starts power throttling. I used to have a bunch of things running on Pi's, but have now had to switch over to virtual machines on my NUC. (That is one thing that makes me skeptical of SolarAssistant, but I get it.)

Have to be a little careful with that though; the Pi actually wants 5.1V (especially the newer ones) and has stupid little errors that come up when it starts power throttling. I used to have a bunch of things running on Pi's, but have now had to switch over to virtual machines on my NUC. (That is one thing that makes me skeptical of SolarAssistant, but I get it.)
Many of the buck converters have adjustable output voltage (you adjust a potentiometer on the board). You should always match it to the spec of the AC adapter and make sure it can deliver sufficient current. I would be shocked if 5.1V vs. 5V would make a difference, but I've never tried it. The Pi board spec lists 5V (vs. 5.1V) as well.

did this ever get figured out? I have spf 5000 ES from signature solar and my usb shows up as ACM0 Unnamed Device. So far I haven't gotten response from solar assistant.

did this ever get figured out? I have spf 5000 ES from signature solar and my usb shows up as ACM0 Unnamed Device. So far I haven't gotten response from solar assistant.
I had the same issue once.
Check the settings page for updates.
Updates will appear below the software version.
Also try disconnecting the Growatt from SA and reboot everything. It should show up as ( USBO XR USB-UART)

it started working I guess they fixed it, the USB port shows correctly now.
Did you happen to install a new version of the software? Or did it just start working on its own? Happy to hear that it's working, though!

Back