diy solar

diy solar

Solar assistant SOC data source?

Skypower

Solar Wizard
I have twin MPP LV 6548 in split phase and a Daly 300 amp bms. The inverters and bms are connected and working ok to the SA. I was wondering what are the references of the high and low numbers that the Solar Assistant uses for state of charge. Is it the inverter’s bulk charge voltage value for the high? For the low is it the back to utility or the Low DC cut-off voltage? Or is it using the bms data?

We have very similar setups but I have 400ah with a Pace BMS. So, it Depends on where you have the connection going from the battery. Into the Pi or into the inverter. And then are you reading the soc from the battery or using emulated bms?

that is set here
1662351928100.png
And I assume you're talking about the power management feature when you refer to "back to utility", which is purely driven off of the absolute value of the SOC as reported by the bms (or emulated bms.)

I use that feature extensively and it works really well.

Jeff

I have it into both inverters and the bms. In the SA it’s set to the USB to Daly UART/RS485 selection. Just wondering which device and what values the SA is using to range the state of charge.

It uses the SOC information reported by the BMS.
If you didn't have it connected to the B,it would use the information reported by the inverter.

Back