diy solar

diy solar

Solar assistant stopped seeing second inverter with direct cable

Skypower

Solar Wizard
Well things were working fine, but in wanted to switch around the order of the two inverters (MPP LV6548). SA was seeing the slave as numbers one. This happened once before and I just switch around the direct cables and plugged the master in first. I did the plug swap at the pie unit since I don’t like jabbing the little micro USB into the head unit. Well it swapped positions but now when I go to settings and look at the second inverter I see connection “via parallel cable”. I swapped cables, different brand cables, changed ports in the SA, rebooted the SA, unplug it totally, rebooted the inverters but nothing gets full data back. Using either single cable just to the second inverter it fails to connect and the SA is constantly searching. I’m thinking that the usb port/network in the second inverters head unit is toast. Ideas? Kinda weird since I didn’t move the cable at the inverter end at the beginning of it all.

Spoke with Ian at Watts247 and he recommended not to use the micro USB in the head unit but the RS232 marked port with the keyboard picture above it. Ordered them and they are pricy but they are known to work while Amazon is a coin flip at best.

When you go into SA configuration tab does it show both USB ports in the pulldown window highlighted and active? Any connect/reconnect activity in the status?

I had to go to settings(gear symbol) and under inverter/battery, select disconnect. Then make it right again in “inverter”. Something had caused it to change by itself. Strangely it only wants to work with the micro USB and not the new cables from Watts247. Doesn’t really matter as long as it works.

Update, it will work with the new cables from Watt247, but only after the inverters were restarted.

Back