diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Wish list, Bugs and Issues.

This is more of a question than a wish, but maybe a wish if it could work this way.

I need to add more pv panels to the system and do not want to overpanel the Growatt spfxxxxt any further, and have decided to add another Growatt sc48120, and another pallet of pv panels.

1) Will my current SolarAssistant connect to both the spfxxxxt and sc48120 while allowing monitoring and some control of functions?
2) If so, how do I go about getting it all connected?

Yes, I have sent an email to SA but yet to get a reply.

I'd have thought you'd connect the second inverter to the RPi's USB port and it would just show up as a second inverter. But never having tried it, I don't know.

I will be doing that before long as I am upgrading my inverter but will have a brief period when they are both connected.

I'd be interested in this as well. I have a solark connected to my RPi, and want to connect a LV6548 as well, but am afraid I'll need another RPi.

I have 1 solark and a pair of SP6548 and I cannot see them both at the same time.
You can choose either the solark or the pair of SP6548.
Seems you can see parallel devices via USB but not different types of inverters.

So on my Sol Ark and my battery BMS seems all my temps are reported as negative values. Not a big thing but would be nice if they were reported as positive temp values
Mine are all positive.

Attachments

• SA.jpg
    SA.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 26
@robby I remember reading you were upset about the SolArk not having a 2nd port to have batt comms and Solar Assistant connected at the same time. Have you looked into the splitter that Solar Assistant recommends? I bought one on Amazon for $1.61 including shipping and it showed up next day :ROFLMAO:

See the bottom of the page:

The splitter I bought:
Yes I tried the splitter but it will not work with fortress batteries because the 485 port is closed to other devices once you change the Sol-Ark to anything other than Lithium mode 0. My batteries require Mode 4.

Anyone noticing that the “Load” gauge is getting stuck with the latest version of SA?
The red band will fly half way up when I am drawing 5000W and stay there even if the load drops to 1KW. If I scroll the screen a bit it unfreezes.

Hello, I could not find if this was already requested for - I would like SA to have more options to automate / logic criteria control for switching between inverter modes (e.g. additionally also by day of the week and time) and also similar automation for the battery charging sources - utility, sun, both etc. thank you

Anyone noticing that the “Load” gauge is getting stuck with the latest version of SA?
The red band will fly half way up when I am drawing 5000W and stay there even if the load drops to 1KW. If I scroll the screen a bit it unfreezes.
Configuration, advanced and then dashboard display and change from 5,000 to whatever you need there.

Configuration, advanced and then dashboard display and change from 5,000 to whatever you need there.
Yes i have the scale set to 10KW but the problem is that the Band now gets stuck at one reading even though the Numeric Wattage reading is charging drastically. This was not happening until I upgraded and it only happens on my Tablet. All other gauges work fine.

Yes i have the scale set to 10KW but the problem is that the Band now gets stuck at one reading even though the Numeric Wattage reading is charging drastically. This was not happening until I upgraded and it only happens on my Tablet. All other gauges work fine.
Can you try another browser on your tablet? Just to narrow it down and maybe give them more insight as to what to look for

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a way to make the graph colors in the charts tab persist ater logout and login? Currently, i end up setting new graph colors to be able to tell the difference every time i log in. Then the next time i log back in everything is back to system defaults which are mostly yellow for everything.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a way to make the graph colors in the charts tab persist ater logout and login? Currently, i end up setting new graph colors to be able to tell the difference every time i log in. Then the next time i log back in everything is back to system defaults which are mostly yellow for everything.
There are no options for charts colours AFAIK.

Can you post an image of what you are talking about?

I didn't realise there was an option to change colours. Never thought to click on them before but they work same as Grafana, which is the charting engine SA uses.

I'd say the colours are not user definable.

Solar production defaults to yellow, load is blue, grid is red, battery is black/green.

Back