diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Wish list, Bugs and Issues.

shotgun approach and uninstall mqtt from HA and set it back up again from scratch?

it's basically the exact same steps as you just went through here.

Out of curiosity has anyone else had issues with it rebooting after a software update?
After the last two updates it just hung there. I waited for 15 minutes trying to reach the local IP and then gave up and unplugged the unit and it reset just fine. My only worry is that unplugging is what lead to my database getting corrupted before.
It's not a major issue but I am wondering if it's my Pi3B or WiFi is the problem.

Out of curiosity has anyone else had issues with it rebooting after a software update?
After the last two updates it just hung there. I waited for 15 minutes trying to reach the local IP and then gave up and unplugged the unit and it reset just fine. My only worry is that unplugging is what lead to my database getting corrupted before.
It's not a major issue but I am wondering if it's my Pi3B or WiFi is the problem.
Yes had it once and found out it was the power supply.
Changed it and never happened again.

I als had a bad PS. Very strange things would happen. I ended up getting a 48v dc powered 5v supply to solve it.

I wonder if it's the power supply to the Pi's power supply that causes the grief?
It did with mine. The one that came with my Pi worked perfectly for about a month and then all sorts of weird stuff started to happen.
Most of the time it would lose connection to the WiFi.
It was driving me crazy because I tried a Power Supply from an iPad and it was still doing the same thing. A few weeks later I was about to give up on SA but decided to try another PS and that one worked perfectly.

What I mean is I wonder if the issue is the power being supplied to the input of the Pi's power supply, not the Pi's power supply itself but the quality of upstream source of power.
I kind of doubt it but who knows.
These things are built to a really low price so the PS could be sensitive to any weirdness in the AC.
God knows I miss linear power supplies. They are energy hogs but the good ones lasted for 20-30 years.

Does anyone know why it is only the Orange Pi that can output the Solar Assistant Screen over HDMI?

No I mean you can see the same data that you see when you are on a web browser.

Go to the 11:30 Mark.
Mine works fine on al older Pi 4, so definitely not an orange thing. Maybe it was something they recently enabled?

I am part of the early release program, and just recently upgraded to version 2022-10-30, but local access was available in the previous version as well.

1668205882847.png

Mine works fine on al older Pi 4, so definitely not an orange thing. Maybe it was something they recently enabled?

I am part of the early release program, and just recently upgraded to version 2022-10-30, but local access was available in the previous version as well.
Ah that explains it. They made it sound like it was a feature only available with the Orange Pi.
Thanks.

I would really love if solar assistant was compatible with mppt solar charge controllers mostly epever and renogy rover. I don't want to buy a new inverter for More solar power

I would be willing to pay for extra features solar assistant should do a gofund me so he gets paid for extra work

In no specific order of importance:
  1. I'd like better documentation on how the Home Assistant inverter controls work. I have SA integrated in HA but see nothing about being able to control anything from HA.

2. I'd like to be able to export data from the totals tab, and for some control on what the total tab shows. At the moment it is fixed.

3. Output integration with PVOutput.org

4. On the dashboard I'd like to option of displaying battery power on the primary chart along with PV, load and grid power.

5. I'd also like the battery icon to show the voltage.

View attachment 80476
Pvoutput.org integration would be good.

@robby I remember reading you were upset about the SolArk not having a 2nd port to have batt comms and Solar Assistant connected at the same time. Have you looked into the splitter that Solar Assistant recommends? I bought one on Amazon for $1.61 including shipping and it showed up next day :ROFLMAO:

See the bottom of the page:

The splitter I bought:

So on my Sol Ark and my battery BMS seems all my temps are reported as negative values. Not a big thing but would be nice if they were reported as positive temp values

Back