diy solar

diy solar

Solar Charger Working with AIO Inverter (EG4 6500EX)

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi all. Please consider this scenario. I have 2 AIO inverters (EG4 6500EX) and both are connected to the battery bank via the DC bus bar. Now, if I wanted to add more panels so I can charge the batteries a bit faster but I don't need another inverter because I don't expect my loads to increase, is it ok to have a solar charge controller with it's own dedicated panels and have that SCC connected to the same DC bus bars that the inverters and battery bank are connected to? This is of course assuming that the SCC will have the same charging parameters as the inverters. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Please consider this scenario. I have 2 AIO inverters (EG4 6500EX) and both are connected to the battery bank via the DC bus bar. Now, if I wanted to add more panels so I can charge the batteries a bit faster but I don't need another inverter because I don't expect my loads to increase, is it ok to have a solar charge controller with it's own dedicated panels and have that SCC connected to the same DC bus bars that the inverters and battery bank are connected to? This is of course assuming that the SCC will have the same charging parameters as the inverters. Thanks in advance.
Do you have both inverters sharing one set of panels?

Back