diy solar

diy solar

Solar charging battery, that then charges AC200Max

JohnL

I'd like to expand my AC200Max capacity with automatic solar charging, without spending $1300 on the B230 expansion battery.
Currently I have over-paneled 1200W going to the AC200Max solar panel port (3 parallel sets of 4x100W series),

Here's the idea. Would this work? Is there a better way?

1) There's one set of cables coming into the house -- the conduits won't support another pair; so that pair has to charge both extra capacity, and AC200Max. So, connect the panels (through my existing DC disconnect) to a Renogy 20A charge controller.

2) Connect a 12V battery (eg SOK) of whatever extra capacity I'm looking for to the charge controller output. Include T class fuse.

3) Connect the battery to the AC200Max car charge port (vs solar panel port). Include T class fuse.

This way, both expansion battery and AC200Max will charge.

Thanks for any thoughts :)

It would probably work but the 12v car charging port on the Bluetti only pulls 100w. It might be worthwhile to do a small Renogy1000 watt inverter off the 12v SOK battery and plug the AC adapter from the Bluetti into the inverter to get 400w of charging. You can also do dual ac adapters for 800 watts of charging from the SOK to the Bluetti.

DC Charging Enhancer (D050S)​

Application Model: B230/B300/EB150/EB240, AC200/P/Max
Function:
* Enable more charging methods like solar, car, and lead-acid battery charging.
* 500W Max input.
* Increase the PV input rate to 1200W for the BLUETTI AC200/AC200P; 1400W for the BLUETTI AC200Max.
* Increase the overall capacity of the BLUETTI AC200/AC200P by connecting them with B230/B300.

I may end up getting one of these if the need increases.....

It would probably work but the 12v car charging port on the Bluetti only pulls 100w. It might be worthwhile to do a small Renogy1000 watt inverter off the 12v SOK battery and plug the AC adapter from the Bluetti into the inverter to get 400w of charging. You can also do dual ac adapters for 800 watts of charging from the SOK to the Bluetti.
I stand corrected, I believe a battery bank can be connect to the pv plug using aligator clips. It should draw more than 100 watt? Especially when you series your battery bank. Example 3 x 100 amp lifepo4 batteries = 36 volts. I asked Bluetti, but not getting no response. I guess they don't want people knowing this, as it would affect the B230 system add on. I see people doing this on utube video with no issues.

Last edited:
If you need more than 900 watt limit and/or want solar and battery bank, then the enhancer would work. The ac200p has lower limits, so it be less but concept is the same.

How to use battery pack as a booster/charger to Bluetti AC200MAX. I stand corrected, you would need to set the setting for PV, plug in solar plug.

Have a cable connected to it and the other end to your battery. If it only 12 volt battery, you will only get 100-180 watts charging.

If you put your battery bank in series, like 24 dc or 36 dc or more. (Do not exceed or come to close to the voltage allowed (145 volts).

With 24 volt dc you get around 216-360 watt charging and with 36 volt dc you will get around 324-540 With 48=432-720 and 60=540-900. (Rough math, I may have use a lower/higher amp rate). I believe the limit is 900 watts and 700 watts on the previous model 200 P.

It varies depending on the mppt, as it will find an amp rating to get maximum charge. Also the condition of your battery bank.

Last edited:
Did you actually try those experiments? Also, did you use the D050S, or go directly from the battery to the PV input?

Yes, I did that, work great. As long as you don't exceed the 145 dc volt limit. I got 330 watts with 3 in series. Most of the time 110 watts is enough for me, but if needed, it is quick for me to add another in series. Also, I can plug in the generator for ac charge of over 400 watts.

I have 3 x 400 watt solar panels (Q-Cells Q.PEAK DUO L-G7.3 400 (400W) Solar Panel) , plan to use 2 on the RV and 1 on the truck. But DIY project not done yet.

I haven't purchase the D050s, so far, I don't have a need. I used the jumper cable and adapter to the PV input. Lifepo4 has bms, but if I made it permanent, I would put in 60 to 100 amp breaker. Extra percaution, in event of bms failure. I use 60 amp breaker when using one of the batteries with my 55 lb electric boat motor. Recommend by manufacture of motor. In event of a surge.

Just to be clear, you ran 3 batteries in series directly into your PV DC input (with no type of current limiter)? In my case, I just use one battery as backup so I use a DC to DC converter coming off of the battery to the DC input of my EB150. I can raise or lower the voltage and also limit the current as desired. Anyway, it sounds like things are working well for you.

Bms in battery has a limit 100 amp for very short time. Also the pv in bluetti has voltage up to 145 and current control 10 amps or so. It operates as if the batteries were solar panel.

The plan is to install 1200 watt solar. Limit 900 without enhancement. Over panel, unlikely to get over 900. The unit will take care of it. Long as u do not exceed 145 volt total in series.

DC Charging Enhancer (D050S)​

Application Model: B230/B300/EB150/EB240, AC200/P/Max
Function:
* Enable more charging methods like solar, car, and lead-acid battery charging.
* 500W Max input.
* Increase the PV input rate to 1200W for the BLUETTI AC200/AC200P; 1400W for the BLUETTI AC200Max.
* Increase the overall capacity of the BLUETTI AC200/AC200P by connecting them with B230/B300.

I may end up getting one of these if the need increases.....
Did this come from Bluetti’s website?

Back