diy solar

diy solar

Solar circuit on essential loads panel after the Conext SW?

Scheff

Hello fellow tinkerers,

I currently have my solar production circuit dumping into my main panel and I am on net metering. I would like to know if it would be beneficial/safe to dump the Solar into my essential loads panel. I am hoping this is safe and the inverter/batteries will keep the Micro inverters running during a black out.

I have attached a crude diagram to this post.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Equipment:

Conext SW 4024
3KW of Enphase IQ 7s

Attachments

• Possible.png
    Possible.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
Since the SW 4024 is AC Coupling compatible, your proposed drawing should work. There are probably a couple of user menu items that have to be enabled. The firmware is probably similar to the XW models.

Hey Bentley I appreciate your input. I am hoping its as simple as turning on "AC Coupling"

I'd hope so, the issue comes when you're off grid and the Schneider gear has lots of settings.
The only one I can think of is the AC coupling, assuming you have you battery and charging settings set up already.

The SW needs to control the PV inverters. Do you know if they are capable of frequency shifting. Edit: I just found it in your post, they are IQ7's I'm pretty sure those are, but you might need to change their profile (or have enphase do it for you if you don't have access to that adjustment)
@GXMnow has an XW and Enphase micros. He might be able to chime in on the enphase grid profile that is correct/applicable.

Edit: typo, grid profile, not grip...

Last edited:
I also have Enphase IQ7s and they are capable of modulating their production in response to frequency shifts by the grid forming inverter. Typically they are set up with a generic UL1741SA compliance and that is typically all you need..

Ampster,
Thank you for the details. I will rummage through the Enphase settings ASAP.

Anyone know if this is a default setting? Im already on rule 21.

Last edited:
Back