diy solar

diy solar

Solar disconnect breaker

tealsmoke57

I have a Renogy 400 watt solar array with a 40 amp mppt cc and I will be wiring the panels in parallel for my shed. This will not be a earth ground in this system and I'm going to use a DC solar breaker to disconnect the panel from the cc when I need to. I have searched and found post about the breakers and have seen most pics here and on the tube show the wires coming from the panels going in the top of the breaker instead of the bottom. Does it really matter if the wires from the panel come in at the bottom or top of the breaker. I'm completely new and trying to learn. here's the breaker.
Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PZFC3NX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I don’t know about the breaker you mentioned.

My double Pole breaker from Midnight Solar is UL listed and polarized. That means if its hooked up backwards it catches on fire.

I can’t tell if it is polarized or not from the Amazon add, so I would not hook it up other than mentioned.

The breaker is marked like a polarized. If you look close it shows ( + and - ) by the connections. If you don’t follow the polarization and it trips it may arch across internally and stop current.

I don’t know about the breaker you mentioned.

My double Pole breaker from Midnight Solar is UL listed and polarized. That means if its hooked up backwards it catches on fire.

I can’t tell if it is polarized or not from the Amazon add, so I would not hook it up other than mentioned.
Thanks for the reply. you're right about the amazon add, it should be here Monday or Tuesday and hopefully it will have more info with it.

Back