diy solar

diy solar

Solar Equipment Requirement

Hello there! I am also an Indonesian trying to build a solar system. using slightly smaller model 850 VA, 2 x 150 wp solar panel and 100ah battery.
I am still testing the setup and will expand it if I can figure things out (plus if i have the budget to).

I think your current system is the best best for diy and under 20 million IDR.
this one I mean:
'
solar panel 250w x 4
Inverter 1500va Hybrid Schneider
Luminous Tubular Battery 200ah x 2
combiner box
'
I think the 98 million is a bit overkill haha. They suggest the big luminous inverter, which might be great for 3000w and might be more than enough to support fridge and maybe a lot of your current electricity burden.

for 1500 VA: the no load output is 220v +- 5 V. if that helps
What I don't really understand is the inverter already have controller built in so I don't need another MPPT controller?

I agree it is so confusing and difficult to get stuff here compared to the US/UK/AUS. I am testing my system and probably gonna test them for lamp instead of fridge/water heater.

About the battery, I consulted with some friends who are electrician and they suggested the VLRA/AGM cuz it is low maintenance and better in the long run.

What I am puzzled now is how to start the wiring...
Hi Yukki,

Thanks for adding to my post thread. I haven't got any further with my solar set up... mainly because I've not got enough money now (coronovirus!... no guests).

As i said i think the full quote he gave me was overkill... I only have a 2 bedroom house. I would try to use most electrical items during the day. it would only be the fridge and some lights on during the evening. I could easily cut the price a little by buying and picking up the goods myself. Also we might be getting electric mains being put in so I would connect to this and run my fridge and large loads on this. Get solar panels for lights, charging stuff and smaller electrical equipment

Yes the big inverter 3kW NXT box seems complete. the hybrid 1500w which can be used with a 1000w array I'm not sure whether the charge controller is included, can't seem to find any info on this.

I'd love to be updated on your build and products us are using. Whereabouts in Indonesia are you?

Back