diy solar

diy solar

Solar gain in the snain.

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
It's both snowing and raining at the moment so at least some progress is being made towards that glorious week of summer. The solar panels are registering a lazy 14.3 volts at the input to the SCC which made me wonder:

*ACCORDING to my Epever manual, when the green charge light is steady, that means that there is voltage present at the SCC input terminals but not enough current coming in from the array to charge the batteries. Only when the green charge indicator light is blinking is there enough PV amperage coming in to send charge current to the batteries.

* So I'm all like, "why does the MT-50 monitor display indicate that there is currently a charging situation", (by displaying a smiley face and moving arrow indicator, unfortunately there is no charge indicator reading in watts or amps that I can find)?

* So I put my voltmeter across the panel input screws and the reading was 14.4 volts, quite normal, then disconnected one of my PV input wires to create a no load condition and I read 38 volts, again quite normal.

* So even though I have not taken the time to put an ammeter in line with either one of the two PV input wires, I deduced that there obviously is loading going on and some amount of current is most likely flowing from my panels to my batteries even on this gloomy diaz.

~~~​

Take care everyone, the corona flu panic, (which overall claims far fewer lives than the regular every yearly flu), will be over soon one way or another.
Let us bow our heads in homage to the ones that were taken.
Let us insist as a result of the flu panic's societal upheaval, that the existing, USAmerican, worker party indoctrinated slave proletariat society changes for the better the way that we work in the present and the way that we raise and educate the voting citizens of free agency for the future.

Write your political leaders and ask that they enforce their own term limits, take a pay cut with everyone else, cut taxation and government cost in half, dismiss half of the national debt that, "we the proletariat", owe to the wealthy politicians and their industrial underwriters, break up government's illegal public school monopoly and begin buying their own damn health insurance and see how they like them apples, (as if any government slave worker party raised slave would ever even dream of asking this)!
Nonetheless, hope springs eternal.

Peace

OG.
.... IMG_20200427_074829.jpg

Last edited:
Back