diy solar

diy solar

Solar Generator Charging Inconsistencies

tking24

I start charging my solar generator (70Mai 1000) early in the morning with a single BougeRV180w panel. When I first plug the panel into the generator I get about 20 watts with sun on the entire panel. An hour or so later, I go to check on the progress and see the generators display only showing 35 watts, but when I unplug and reinsert the panel into the generator it now shows 140 watts. Is this normal for a solar generator charging from a solar panel? Thank You.

I the generator full? What is the charge level when you are monitoring this?

I charge it when it gets down to around 20%. I haven't thought about this, but do you think the higher the charge level of the generator the more adaptable it will be to recognize the power coming in from the solar panel?

I charge it when it gets down to around 20%. I haven't thought about this, but do you think the higher the charge level of the generator the more adaptable it will be to recognize the power coming in from the solar panel?

Well as it approaches full charge the power coming from the panels will taper off. Unless you have something drawing power from the generator.

Have a similar issue with my Bluetti AC200, it seems that sometimes the MPPT controller doesn't register the correct voltage and so when that happens the PV input voltage will be stuck at 31.2v and the wattage would be very low. After disconnecting and reconnecting the solar input, the voltage would go up along with the wattage. You may wish to monitor your voltage to see if that's what happening on your system.

Nothing drawing power. I'll have to do a little investigative testing on the taping off; I wasn't aware of this occurrence. Although, this appears to be a different issue because if I left the panel connected to the generator the wattage wouldn't increase. It would stay at 35 watts all day until I unplugged and reinserted the panel then instantly I get 140 watts.

Have a similar issue with my Bluetti AC200, it seems that sometimes the MPPT controller doesn't register the correct voltage and so when that happens the PV input voltage will be stuck at 31.2v and the wattage would be very low. After disconnecting and reconnecting the solar input, the voltage would go up along with the wattage. You may wish to monitor your voltage to see if that's what happening on your system.
Interesting! I'll do some testing to see if that is the case. Thank You.

This is not normal, for a solar generator charging from a solar panel, it is most likely a problem with the display, the internal sensor does not detect that the battery has reached 140W.
I usually use four solar panels to charge my Growatt infinity 1500. It is fully charged in 2.5 hours, and the display is 99%. If it is wall charge, it reaches 80% in 1 hour.
I suggest you consult your solar generator manufacturer, it should be the problem of the display

Back