diy solar

diy solar

solar generator suggestions please

bagins52

i am trying to get my life back. i now need to have a oxygen concentrator when i stay away from home. its specs are:
AC Power Universal Input: 100-240 VAC • 50-60 Hz • 2 Amps
Output 24 Volts • 6.3 Amps
DC Power 12 -15 VDC • 10 Amps
was told it using 150 watts
now what size do i need to run it? i figured 1050 for 7 hrs. going to try charging it with 2 100 ah agm batteries. with 2 100 watt solar panel. that are in an area that is getting partial sun. addition facts. want to keep on some kind of budget as bought side by side 4 wheeler, 2006 trailer and other paraphernalia. so wife is on me. lol been looking at 1000 watt to 1500. with surges of 2000 to 3000. sorry for long windedness. thank you for you help in advance.
is it better to buy new from amazon. or go cheaper through ebay eco type store where is reburbished?

Last edited:
was told it using 150 watts
now what size do i need to run it? i figured 1050 for 7 hrs.
150W x 7h = 1050Wh
2 100 ah agm batteries.
12.8V x 2 x 100Ah = 2560Wh but only 50% usable so 1280Wh

This would run your 150W device for roughly 7 hours as specified.

with 2 100 watt solar panel
200W x 5h solar day = 1000Wh
If you are away from the equator and/or in winter, you may get half of this.

I think you'd need 2-4 times as much solar panels to get by with sun everyday. Without knowing your location, i'd guess 400W in the summer and 800 - 1000W of solar in the winter to recharge for a single days use (7h). Planning for cloudy days, you'd need roughly 2 more batteries for each additional cloudy day.

AC Power Universal Input: 100-240 VAC • 50-60 Hz • 2 Amps
Output 24 Volts • 6.3 Amps
DC Power 12 -15 VDC • 10 Amps
Is the first the AC to DC converter? And the second the power input specification to your concentrator? Is so, these are not compatible.

going to try charging it with 2 100 ah agm batteries.
Just curious how much these will cost you. I was just looking at group 31 AGM deep cycle batteries, which were 100 ah, and these were $250 - $500 each.

Does not seem like a budget project. Just be sure to get a true deep cycle battery, not a starter battery.

what am interested in is best size solar generator to handle my needs for concentrator. is percon generators any good? the day time is handled with bottles. which can't be used at night.

Really need a good power audit in kWh and max wattage, otherwise its hard to know.

Kind of guessing at what you put in your posts, but for $15k, you can get 8 kWh of useable power, recharge mostly off solar, and be able to handle a 3kw device (Probably, need to buy to be sure…).

At 3kw max and 1050 watts for 7 hours, you’re looking at an Bluetti AC300, with three B300 battery packs and 2400 watts of solar panels. AT $500 per 200 watts of solar panels, $3700 for A generator and 1 battery pack, and $2100 each for two additional battery packs, that is pricey.

That is also a significant amount of weight, several hundred pounds.

Really don’t care what you’re running, but kWh and max kW is important, along with if its a motorized device, which can cause an inverter to be sized anwywhere from twice to eight times the size of the running amps. That surge is the have to buy it to know for sure part,so to be sure going bigger with an inverter is better.

If you have to, buy a kilawatt meter for around $30 and plug it between the outlet and the concentrator, run it for a few days, and get some data. Doing that will let you right size a system without going thousands of dollars over or falling way short and needing to get rid of the old system and starting over.

Back