diy solar

diy solar

Solar Generators & Customer Service - Bluetti, EcoFlow, Point Zero (Titan)

Marc4274

Looking at buying a larger solar generator than the AC200P to power more things in our home. Wondering how customer service has been for anyone with Bluetti or EcoFlow? Point Zero (Titan) has responded really well. The others I have not had so much luck with - always seems like the service person there is reading a manual, where with Point Zero they seem to know stuff.

But I realize I am just one person, and anyone can have a less than great contact sometime. Customer service will influence my purchase.

There are lots of videos that review them. There are also lots of videos on how to build your own. I went the build your own route. You'll know how to fix your own then.

It's really not that hard if you follow the videos. It's just a matter of wiring parts together. Will Prowse does a good job explaining in this video.

Regarding the DIY route: are there individuals that would do this for my smallish home? We recently obtained a quote for a whole house system that included net metering (which we don't want). Seems as if there are very little options for off grid in our area of WV.

Regarding the DIY route: are there individuals that would do this for my smallish home? We recently obtained a quote for a whole house system that included net metering (which we don't want). Seems as if there are very little options for off grid in our area of WV.
If you are handy, and comfortable with diy.
You can install your own system. Everything you need to know, is in this forum. And plenty of diy'ers, to assist you along the way. How big of a system, is up to you. Most of us have started small. But, planned ahead for future expansion. I'm currently 75% off grid, on a sunny day. Will eventually end up 100%.

Thank you. I try to follow what we need but quickly become lost as to all the various options etc. I looked on the website at the instructions but when you click on some of the links it takes you to an individual component or some of the links go to Amazon and items are not available. So how do you decide what to sub?

Are you wanting a small portable system, like in the video? Or something bigger, to handle the whole house? Or something in the middle?

Looking at buying a larger solar generator than the AC200P to power more things in our home. Wondering how customer service has been for anyone with Bluetti or EcoFlow? Point Zero (Titan) has responded really well. The others I have not had so much luck with - always seems like the service person there is reading a manual, where with Point Zero they seem to know stuff.

But I realize I am just one person, and anyone can have a less than great contact sometime. Customer service will influence my purchase.
Well I have had a Point Zero Titan for almost 2 years now in constant use at our remote cabin and I am still blown away at the customer service responses that I have received from them. I would not hesitate to purchase the Titan again as we have had such an awesome experience with their support and customer service. It may not have all the bells and whistles but support has been amazing.

Are you wanting a small portable system, like in the video? Or something bigger, to handle the whole house? Or something in the middle?
Whole house, but would like to start with something that is expandable for the entire house. Our current concern is grid down and our heating system is an outdoor boiler that pumps water into our radiators for heat.

I prefer the stackable AIO's (All In One units)
They can be great for starting small, to give you what you need now. And be expanded in the future.
You'll have to figure out what the power needs are for the equipment that you want in the first phase of your system. And size everything from that.
Start with the AIO/ or inverter and supporting equipment. Then, you can either add battery for backup first. Or, add solar for electrical cost savings first. Then, add the other, as budget allows.

I need to get one on order. It just seems to still be the benchmark unit. I'd take solid performance over bells and whistles any day of the week.

I just posted this response to "customer service" on another thread. You might find it interesting...

Bluetti Customer support??? It doesn't exist!! I sent Bluetti this email on Sunday 4/17/22...

"I recently purchased the AC300, 2 B300s and 3 of your 200w solar panels. I want to improve my system by adding a wind turbine. Your website mentions a Bluetti wind turbine and my AC300 booklet mentions one as well. However, I'm not able to locate a Bluetti wind turbine anywhere.
But that aside, there are many wind turbines on the market from 12v, 24v and 48v. Will any of these different voltages work with my AC300? Please specify what WILL work but also what WON'T work. I'm also assuming that I only need to plug the turbine into the Multifunctional DC Charging Cable. Is this correct? Thanks,"

I finally received a response on Wednesday that reads...

"Thank you for contacting us.
What we advertised means our units support be charged via the wind turbine but no means we have the wind turbine. And sorry to tell you the charging adapter of the wind turbine is still in development, so currently you can not charge our unit via the wind turbine.
Best regards,
Winnie"

So, Bluetti's website mentions wind turbine, my AC300 pamphlet mentions wind turbine but this email is telling me I can't charge my unit with wind??? Can anyone translate this third world jibberish??? "What we advertised means our units support be charged via the wind turbine but no means we have the wind turbine."

I'm also having difficulty getting my generator to recharge my system. I had no problems hooking up house/grid power to recharge my system when I first purchased it. But when I hook up my generator, I get nothing. Just this week, I've made over a dozen phone calls to the 1-702-463-4792 number. You're given three options...press 1 for customer support...press 2 for tech support...press 3 for logistics support....NOBODY ANSWERS THE PHONE...I left a message on the customer support line on Monday. My response from Bluetti???? NOTHING!!! Leaving a message at Tech support is not an option, there is something wrong with that line. Logistics line say's he's away.

Bottom line, Bluetti may have an excellent system, at this point, my jury is out. But if I weigh my decision on "customer support", I'm going to return this $7500.00 mistake.

I have found the same after contacting them. I am thankful our AC200P units are working well, but just too much disconnect for me to drop thousands of more dollars there.

Thanks for sharing the info.

I just posted this response to "customer service" on another thread. You might find it interesting...

Bluetti Customer support??? It doesn't exist!! I sent Bluetti this email on Sunday 4/17/22...

"I recently purchased the AC300, 2 B300s and 3 of your 200w solar panels. I want to improve my system by adding a wind turbine. Your website mentions a Bluetti wind turbine and my AC300 booklet mentions one as well. However, I'm not able to locate a Bluetti wind turbine anywhere.
But that aside, there are many wind turbines on the market from 12v, 24v and 48v. Will any of these different voltages work with my AC300? Please specify what WILL work but also what WON'T work. I'm also assuming that I only need to plug the turbine into the Multifunctional DC Charging Cable. Is this correct? Thanks,"

I finally received a response on Wednesday that reads...

"Thank you for contacting us.
What we advertised means our units support be charged via the wind turbine but no means we have the wind turbine. And sorry to tell you the charging adapter of the wind turbine is still in development, so currently you can not charge our unit via the wind turbine.
Best regards,
Winnie"

So, Bluetti's website mentions wind turbine, my AC300 pamphlet mentions wind turbine but this email is telling me I can't charge my unit with wind??? Can anyone translate this third world jibberish??? "What we advertised means our units support be charged via the wind turbine but no means we have the wind turbine."

I'm also having difficulty getting my generator to recharge my system. I had no problems hooking up house/grid power to recharge my system when I first purchased it. But when I hook up my generator, I get nothing. Just this week, I've made over a dozen phone calls to the 1-702-463-4792 number. You're given three options...press 1 for customer support...press 2 for tech support...press 3 for logistics support....NOBODY ANSWERS THE PHONE...I left a message on the customer support line on Monday. My response from Bluetti???? NOTHING!!! Leaving a message at Tech support is not an option, there is something wrong with that line. Logistics line say's he's away.

Bottom line, Bluetti may have an excellent system, at this point, my jury is out. But if I weigh my decision on "customer support", I'm going to return this $7500.00 mistake.
I have had a problem with Bluetti's customer support too, someone "accidentally" cancelled my order yet they still have my money. I cannot get in contact with them at a

Bluetti has no customer service definitely bad experience.

Back