diy solar

diy solar

Solar generators

Mooshuntr

Is it better to have multiple solar panels in series to raise the voltage going into the bluette 200p

Depends on the panel specs (VOC and Amps).

Believe the max for the AC200P is 150v VOC and 12 amps.

Is it better to add panels to bring up close to max. Or not. Or just half way. What is best

There is usually an operating range that is best to keep it in, but I don't see it in the AC200P manual. I would keep it under 150 by a bit just in case it goes over, but try to get it close to 12 amps.

1634817739422.png

Do you have the panel model and manufacturer name?

If not, do you have the short circuit amps?

Looking to see what panels to get. That's why I am asking the voltage question..want to get right the first time. Lol. Longi 310 watt. 31 volt oc. Is one that I was considering ??? Thanks

Is it better to have multiple solar panels in series to raise the voltage going into the bluette 200p
Longi 310 watt. 31 volt oc
So that’s roughly 10A aka nominal. So three in series would be 1000W 10A+/- 93V nominal

Without going down the other three rabbit holes that should work based on the information in the thread.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to those Longi panels? The ones that I found have a VOC of 40.3v.

So that’s roughly 10A aka nominal. So three in series would be 1000W 10A+/- 93V nominal

Without going down the other three rabbit holes that should work based on the information in the thread.
Thanks. I will go that way. The bluette says it will take 700 watts max. Will the extra wattage generated by the panels gobto running my cabin

Do you have a link to those Longi panels? The ones that I found have a VOC of 40.3v.
That would make 122ish volts and some calculations should be done to come up with the max volts output at low temps

These numbers not relevant to yours but for example my 18.5Vmp/22.6VOC panels with 5.86A isc at temps in the mid 50sF in 2S I once saw at 44V and 12+ amps (Sun popped out of dark clouds) which is one weird example of lensing.
Cold temps will spike output for sure so you don’t want to crowd your SCC max volts.

Last edited:
Will the extra wattage generated by the panels gobto running my cabin
Not really. 700W max is the max. The overpaneling will just increase potential on dismal cloudy days or give at tad more potential at sunup and sundown.

Not really. 700W max is the max. The overpaneling will just increase potential on dismal cloudy days or give at tad more potential at sunup and sundown.
I think that any over voltage can go through the inverter and be used off of the plugs. Think the 700W is limited to what the battery can be charged at.

I think that any over voltage can go through the inverter and be used off of the plugs. Think the 700W is limited to what the battery can be charged at.
No. Watts isn’t over voltage
If SCC rating is 700W, that’s the max it can provide to the battery bank. Unless bluetty is special.

Sorry meant to say that any extra wattage goes through the inverter and can be used. Only 700 can be used by the battery to recharge it.

Back