diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel charger

Sandy100

I recently bought what is said to be a 1000watt solar panel and a 100amp solar charger.
When I received the package I soon realised that the solar panel or charger will only charge lead acid battery's which I have got a 30ah lithium battery.
Is it a case that I just have to change the solar panel charge controller to one that regulates lithium batteries or do I heed to change the solar panel also.

If you can find a way to set max voltage in the charge controller, it should be fine.
Product link or specs would help.
-

It's quite possible the panel and controller you have will charge the lithium battery OK, perhaps not ideal but good enough.

A link to the items would be useful.

Mike

Last edited:
bought what is said to be a 1000watt solar panel and a 100amp solar charger.
I personally would probably return that setup for a refund. It’s specs are a total lie imho. Maybe 100W and 10A would be believable.

Not sure what you paid but a simple pwm charge controller and 100W panel with some cabling is ~$150 and you can depend on it.

Better is a 100W Rich Solar or WindyNation panel and a $40-$50 Epever mppt charge controller for your battery. It will make more power all of the time and is configurable for lithium. With cables <= $200

Back