diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel clamps for P1001A unistrut ground mount?

Yeah definitely. Wouldn't have been hard to do either. We were just a bit short on time so didn't get to it.
Are your goodies already moved to the array location?
If you have not purchased replacement panels, I suggest getting some extras. You never know when an eagle is going to drop a big rabbit on your array.
If your cracked panels work, maybe a sheet of plexiglass or packing tape will give them a second chance at life.

Nice to hear you are making progress and were able to sift through the million sideways posts in previous threads. ;)

Are your goodies already moved to the array location?
If you have not purchased replacement panels, I suggest getting some extras. You never know when an eagle is going to drop a big rabbit on your array.
If your cracked panels work, maybe a sheet of plexiglass or packing tape will give them a second chance at life.

Nice to hear you are making progress and were able to sift through the million sideways posts in previous threads. ;)
Yeah our goodies are in the area. We will definitely look into replacing the glass for the panels since LG got out of the solar biz. We're not there yet, but should be very soon. Fingers crossed. Lots of great help on this forum, but it's still a forum which means it has people which means the same ole human nature will be present. Ain't no thang.

While we're about to assemble our new solar array, we're getting by with just 400W of solar panels in a sub-optimum location. It's going to be quite a change once we get the real system up. Even early in the morning we're getting some sun and our yard moose is guarding the panels.

Attachments

• moose panels.jpg
    moose panels.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 27
And the Moose's name is?
Ha! I don't have the bandwidth to name all these moose. This one chose to sleep there by the cabin and there was another one on the other side of the cabin bedded down. We're a minority in these parts so they might name us.

I was gonna get to work, but she's still there and looks comfortable so I guess today will be an off day.

Thank you so much for replying ? I'm going to Home Depot to get the spring nuts ... I have 3/8 inch and was going to drill the hole larger, but your way is easier!
Make sure to get 1/4 bolts too. I think I used small 1/4 washers too but those probably aren't necessary.

Make sure to get 1/4 bolts too. I think I used small 1/4 washers too but those probably aren't necessary.
Yes I got the 1/4 bolts too thank you, I realized I need longer ones though for the mid clamps since they clamp on top of panels not on sides, ... back to Home Depot ?

Back