diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel life span

oldryder1973

What is the projected life of a conventional solar panel? Assuming it is kept clean does it's output decrease over time? Is there a graph of output vs. age?

thx to anyone taking the time to share info or links.

mark in MN

while someone is answering oldryder questions, can you expand and answer on how do you keep your panels clean on your house rooftop. And how bad does the output power of your panels decrease as dirt builds up on them over time?

What is the projected life of a conventional solar panel? Assuming it is kept clean does it's output decrease over time? Is there a graph of output vs. age?

thx to anyone taking the time to share info or links.

mark in MN
Did you try Googling your question to get output graphs, etc?
Most panels have a 25 year warranty.
Yes output decreases over time.

Big difference in life span flat versus flexible.

I'm also not as keen on cleaning as I used to be. After climbing up on the top of my roof to clean dusty panels, I got maybe a one percent difference, but honestly, that's hard to measure. My Portable panels and cleaning, I've never noticed a bit of difference. Don't know how it will effect the panels, but cleaning with certain things on them, especially ash not cleaned properly, is not good for the surface. The rain is supposed to do a good enough job.

while someone is answering oldryder questions, can you expand and answer on how do you keep your panels clean on your house rooftop. And how bad does the output power of your panels decrease as dirt builds up on them over time?
His question is better answered by Google and yours by forum Search.

Back