diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panel Source for 25kw ground mount system??

live4soccer7

Solar Enthusiast
I am wanting to install a 25kW system, ground mount, string inverter/array style. I can do all the work myself, so I don't really want to hire a company to do that. Doing the plans and submitting that for permits and qualifying for the federal credit this year would be the hardest part for me.

I am at a loss on what panels to actually buy. I can get some from China (blue sun) for about $15k including the inverters and a lot of the mounting hardware etc...., but then I risk the panels not being that great and getting replacements would probably be a PIA if I needed to for whatever reason.

What are your guys' experiences and recommendations for something like this?

See who carries the Hanwha Q CELLS in your area. Up here in the Ottawa, Canada, area I was able to source them here:

Seems like that would be under $16K CAD/$12.5K USD for 25 kW worth of just panels.

Where are you ?
I am located in the pacific northwest. The east side of WA to be specific.

See who carries the Hanwha Q CELLS in your area. Up here in the Ottawa, Canada, area I was able to source them here:

Seems like that would be under $16K CAD/$12.5K USD for 25 kW worth of just panels.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm heading over there now to take a look.

Look at santan solar. Great prices and good selections
In the past 2 years, I have ordered three times from Santan Solar. The most recent purchase was new 12 panels. Despite "Fragile" and "Do not stack" stickers all over the pallet, someone had stacked something smaller than the panels on top and the top panel was pushed down, glass crushed in many pieces, but still all held together by the plastic backing. I was afraid someone would say, "It is too expensive to ship just one panel, here is your money back", and I would be one short. But not at all. The reply from Santan Solar was...."I put the order in for the replacement panel to be sent. We will inform you once it ships." Fantastic. I could not ask for better service.

I have ordered from Fred480v on ebay. The panels I purchased were 320 Watt Grade B. Every panel worked and produced 100% power. They were stacked and packaged properly too. Looks like he has some deals right now.

In the past 2 years, I have ordered three times from Santan Solar. The most recent purchase was new 12 panels. Despite "Fragile" and "Do not stack" stickers all over the pallet, someone had stacked something smaller than the panels on top and the top panel was pushed down, glass crushed in many pieces, but still all held together by the plastic backing. I was afraid someone would say, "It is too expensive to ship just one panel, here is your money back", and I would be one short. But not at all. The reply from Santan Solar was...."I put the order in for the replacement panel to be sent. We will inform you once it ships." Fantastic. I could not ask for better service.
Thank you very much! This is great information.

I have ordered from Fred480v on ebay. The panels I purchased were 320 Watt Grade B. Every panel worked and produced 100% power. They were stacked and packaged properly too. Looks like he has some deals right now.
Thank you so much for the referral. I will look at him on Ebay.

Back