diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel under 50v VoC and 8a Isc

DaGoose13

Does anyone know of any?

I've found a couple that appear to have been made several years ago, but nothing new (Sunpower E series and an Adani panel).

Trying to figure a way to maximize the power going into a new AC300.

Thanks.

Ever think this was just a way to puff up their ratings without ever needing to meet them? The devil is always in the details.

Check out the Newpowa 24V panels, they are under 40V Voc and 210w panel is less than 7A Isc.

What are the AC300 specs you are trying to meet? I would be surprised if the unit cannot accept at least 100v. It is competing against the similar all in ones I would think, and they are good up to ~2000w (145vdc, 80a).

What are the AC300 specs you are trying to meet? I would be surprised if the unit cannot accept at least 100v. It is competing against the similar all in ones I would think, and they are good up to ~2000w (145vdc, 80a).
So, it's supposed to have a 150v max input with a max of 2400 watts of PV which I come up with a max of 16amps input (unless I messed up the calculation), so trying to figure out how to squeeze as much into those specs as I can.

You need to see what the max is for voltage and amperage. You can't calculate it. My MPP solar for instance has 145v max, 80a max, but it certainly cannot accept 145vx80a=11600w. I am running 94v most of the time at a max of 24a. I usually don't see much more than 1600w out of my array especially because my loads are very low.

My guess is the amp rating on the AC300 is at least 40a, so you can just use 250 panels (cheap used) and run them 3S3P. That will give you about 95v at 24a and provide 2250w max (probably more like 1800w max). You can get 250w panels from Santan for $50 each (plus $200 shipping or so if you are in the USA). That's like $600 or so out the door for the panels.

Or you could use higher wattage panels as well. You are not limited to 8a for sure. That would be insane. Maybe call them to get the actual specs.

You need to see what the max is for voltage and amperage. You can't calculate it. My MPP solar for instance has 145v max, 80a max, but it certainly cannot accept 145vx80a=11600w. I am running 94v most of the time at a max of 24a. I usually don't see much more than 1600w out of my array especially because my loads are very low.

My guess is the amp rating on the AC300 is at least 40a, so you can just use 250 panels (cheap used) and run them 3S3P. That will give you about 95v at 24a and provide 2250w max (probably more like 1800w max). You can get 250w panels from Santan for $50 each (plus $200 shipping or so if you are in the USA). That's like $600 or so out the door for the panels.

Or you could use higher wattage panels as well. You are not limited to 8a for sure. That would be insane. Maybe call them to get the actual specs.
Unfortunately, the AC300 hasn't been released yet, so can't find anything besides what they provide on the preview page (150v and 2400w max).

I did find the manual for the AC200MAX and it shows 145v at 15a, so hopefully it will be quite a bit higher.

The 8a was coming from splitting the 16a into two parallel arrays to maximize the power into the unit (if it was maximum).

Unfortunately, the AC300 hasn't been released yet, so can't find anything besides what they provide on the preview page (150v and 2400w max).

I did find the manual for the AC200MAX and it shows 145v at 15a, so hopefully it will be quite a bit higher.

The 8a was coming from splitting the 16a into two parallel arrays to maximize the power into the unit (if it was maximum).
Honestly if the max amp is anything less than 40a I would politely walk away. Actually, at that price point I would not be interested anyway, but everyone's situation is unique.

Honestly if the max amp is anything less than 40a I would politely walk away. Actually, at that price point I would not be interested anyway, but everyone's situation is unique.
I may, but want to be prepared in case I decide to buy it as the AC200MAX didn't last long.

There are some people posting that the AC300 can handle 10.4KW of solar if all 4 battery packs are connected, so it may be something that requires more packs to get better performance.

Back