diy solar

diy solar

Solar panels for Bluetti AC300

View attachment 102104

I have the same desire as OP but in a mobile config for my RV. I've outlayed my options on a graphic of the roof of my RV and would be really grateful for any advice. Interested in maxing out an AC300 if possible. The green panels are 200W and look like they may afford me an extra 100W if I'm not missing something. Blue are the 100W panels.

With all 100W panels, you can see I can fit 23 but I can't go over 5S. If I went 6S on either chain, I would have to unplug it below 60 deg f.

So I would be able to plug one 5S2P chain into one MPPT on the AC300 and another to the other MPPT (each coming in at 121.5V) and likely around 1600watts best condition (they will be mounted flat of course)

That's not very close to the 2400W max so That leaves me with what to do with the other 3 panels. I suppose I can plug those directly into the batterys as they have their own MPPT or maybe I can use the charging enhance in some way? Also, as you can see, theres a way to put two 200W panels in place of the 3 100W instead. So maybe those would be well suited to plug directly into the battery.

I would like to be able to run my AC and as such, worry about finding out how to really maximize this array with the roof area I have.

Incidentally; I also don't mind adding, and actually plan to buy, a ground portable panel. Mostly for use when I take my truck to more remote locations than the RV can reach.

Also, just making sure, as I understand it; I dont have to worry about the 12 amp "limit" at all?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I feel like I might be missing something. Maybe there's some kind of 3P layout that I'm missing.

Here are the links to the panels. The specs are also under the layout picture.

You should be able to do 6s2p with the AC300. The limit is 150VDC on the AC300 (but 145VDC on the AC200Max), and by my calculations you'd be at 145.8, which is VERY close, so I wouldn't do it if the temps were below 60f and you were directly under the sun.

With 6s2p, you'd only have one spare panel, which you can connect up with the DC Charging Enhancer.

Back