diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels (How to pick your right resource)

hadeel.g.ahmad

Hi Guys!

I'm Hadeel , just wanted to ask couple questions about solar systems,
Since where i live are shifting to solar panel systems (and thermal heating systems) , i am now confused on what are is the best company for solar energy to pick out for installations at my house (and barn) , i was forwarded to a company called climatech-sa.com , but the thing is that i don't know what are the exact questions i should be asking before i take decisions to differ between a good solar energy company and other , can somebody be kind enough to check it out please and recommend other companies while they're at it.

Thank You!

Maybe someone will reply to your question who is familiar with the solar energy business in Saudi Arabia, because that's who you need an opinion from. Climatech installs solar systems. It's impossible for an outsider to say anything about the company because it has almost no information on its website about its business.

Last edited:
Cost per KWh is where most people start. There there are questions about the degradation of efficiency over time, specifically do the panels degrade over time with exposure to sunshine.

What controllers, inverters, and batteries do they recommend? You will need a good quality solar controller (MPPT) and an inverter to run DC into the forms of AC your equipment needs electrically. Then there is the issue of storage when the sun isn't shining strongly! Fog, clouds, and nighttime will all affect solar production.

In your part of the world, dust on the solar panels will hurt solar production as well!

Next, look at an installation this company has done. Do they use the connectors supplied on the panels or did they cut them off and use wire nuts? Definitely avoid installers that use wire nuts instead of the industry-standard connectors (which cost a little more than a wire nut).

Then there is the 'racking' of the panels! Will they be building roof-mounted or ground-mounted? In either case, they need to face the panels towards the Sun for best efficiency as the Sun moves across the sky, not just sunrise and sunset but as the Sun moves across the sky through the year. Depending on how far you are from the equator might affect the Sun's position (North to South) through the year and may be a big enough factor to affect solar production.

Back