diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels in Michigan

skidoor14

Curious where people living in or around Michigan are getting their solar panels from?
Right now I am looking at getting some used ones from Satan Solar. I am looking to get 1-1.5 KW worth to mount on my roof.

Thank you for any other suggestions.

Ski, I am GR,
There is one in South Bend, IN. One user here posted about buying scratch and ding panels from them, they have ebay output and a website. But for the life of me I can't find that thread again. I am in if you want to do a group buy from Santan (satanic) solar, hope their panels are not possessed :rolleyes:

CBS Solar
Copemish, Mi.
They sell Canadian Solar brand panels. I got 4 from them a few years ago.

CBS Solar
Copemish, Mi.
They sell Canadian Solar brand panels. I got 4 from them a few years ago.
Danke,
I will give them a call today, I wish I knew they were there, I passed by em dozens of times during salmon season

I ordered a pallet of REC315 and have some left over. They are not very efficient (about 16%) so if you're looking for panels that are small for their output these won't work. I'm located near Ann Arbor.

I ordered a pallet of REC315 and have some left over. They are not very efficient (about 16%) so if you're looking for panels that are small for their output these won't work. I'm located near Ann Arbor.
Stienman, I am in GR in a small ranch with very limited south exposure, sure I would not mind a few to play with. can you pls shoot me an email, my handle here @ gmail . com

I am not sure how REC315s compare to newer more efficient panels.

Thank you for all of the replies. Sorry about the typo, I did mean Santan not Satan.

@sshibly I might be interested in a group buy but not for about another month, I don't really want to be on my roof with snow.

@Notes Thanks for the info, I will look them up and get a quote.

@stienman I might be interested in those, PM me what you want per panel. I'm not too worried about output efficiency, just looking to get about 1500 Watts of panels on my roof the most cost effective way $/W.

FYI: CBS prices are:

Online price of panel +$40, so if are you buying 4 panels you would pay the same as buying online and paying truck freight. lol.

This board does not have PM feature, or I don't have it.

@sshibly @skidoor14
I looked around and these same panels are online for cheaper than I paid even including shipping, so it wouldn't make sense for you to buy them at my price since you'd get a better deal online, and the best way for me to recoup my investment is to point them at the sun - selling them at market rate would be a loss.

Yeah, prices keep dropping, sorry. I have not picked up any yet, I need to prep the pad for the ground install,
I am inclining towards some satanic panels ;-)

Back